For slug guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For slug guy

I just bought a Remington 870 I want to make it into a rifled slug gun for pigs is it easy to change barrel and what's the best one on market for under 200$ and what slugs are good out to 150 yards one more thing is scopes what's a good one that will handle the shock and stay zeroed in thanks for your help

O yeah it's a 20 gauge.

Originally posted by Mikie3030 View Post
    I just bought a Remington 870 I want to make it into a rifled slug gun for pigs is it easy to change barrel and what's the best one on market for under 200$ and what slugs are good out to 150 yards one more thing is scopes what's a good one that will handle the shock and stay zeroed in thanks for your help

O yeah it's a 20 gauge.
    personally i would put a remington oem fully rifled barrel on the gun, hastings also make aftermarket rifled barrels for a variety of shotguns as well. check out brownell's, they should have a selection for you to check out on-line.

Comment

I turned an 870 into a dedicated slug gun. Mossberg makes a rifled barrel (with Canteliver scope mount) for a Rem 870 and it is way cheaper that a Rem factory ( I paid $150). I shoot Hornady SST or Rem accutips. This is a 12 ga. I have seen the Hornady SST's on the shelf for 20 ga. Just haven't shot them. I have a Cabelas 3x9 shotgun scope and it has held up fine over the last 4 years. I can consistantly hit within 3" of the bullseye at 100 yards and within 4" at 150. One bit of advice when sighting it in, don't hold it lightly like you would a rifle. Your point of impact will wander all over the target, pull it in tight and your groups will get way smaller.
      My smallest target (critter) and longest shot was a coon under the feeder at 76 yards, almost took his head off. Good luck

Comment

Check out the Slug Masters...

Comment

Walmart.com has remington slug barel for around $170.00 I think it is the scoped version but not sure. I use the hornady sabot slugs in my 870.

Comment

Does it matter how long the barrel is

Comment

Working...
            X