Trail Cam Pics with iPad / Tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trail Cam Pics with iPad / Tablet

I was wondering if anyone is currently using their iPad or droid tablet to get the pics off their trail cam and what they are doing to accomplish this. Is it via a tablet SD card reader or some sort of wifi connection or what? Thanks!

They make an adapter that slides in the bottom where the charger goes. I bought mine at Best Buy for about $30. Comes in real handy....

Comment

Fastest way, can be done in the field is to get a card reader to plug into your device.

Comment

im assuming this is for iPad?

Comment

Originally posted by KewlDeals View Post
          They make an adapter that slides in the bottom where the charger goes. I bought mine at Best Buy for about $30. Comes in real handy....
          X 2!!!!!! Mine works great!

Comment

Originally posted by R Dubya View Post
            Fastest way, can be done in the field is to get a card reader to plug into your device.

http://www.amazon.com/Card-Reader-Ap...sd+card+reader
            Ive actually got an HP touchpad and an iPhone, just curious if you guys are doing anything like this in the field and what you're using.

Comment

I have a Samsung Galaxy tablet (Droid powered) and it has been great for checking cameras. Bought an SD card reader off of amazon. I made folders for all my cameras so I just download the pictures to their folder then check em when I get a chance.

Comment

you happen to have a link to the adapter?

Comment

I have the plug in card reader for my iPad (which BTW will not work with the iPhone) and use it to view pics in the field. That is fairly quick and works just fine as far as viewing them.

Question - After downloading and viewing them, is there any way to delete the photos off of the iPad in a bulk manner? Takes forever to delete them individually...

Comment

I have been using my ipad since last season to view my TC pics its great! only problem like plain lucky stated above is deleting large amounts of pics. There may be a way to do it through itunes as opposed to manually checking every photo you want to delete, i will have to attempt this tonight.

Comment

iPad/tablet is the way to go. BestBuy has the adapter/car reader you would need. Quick way to to view pics and replace cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhorn View Post
                        iPad/tablet is the way to go. BestBuy has the adapter/car reader you would need. Quick way to to view pics and replace cards.
                        I'm assuming this reader is the one for iPad?

Comment

I have a Dell Streak 7 tablet (Android Tab), it has a built in SD slot. Pop the card in & browse away!!

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                            I have a Dell Streak 7 tablet (Android Tab), it has a built in SD slot. Pop the card in & browse away!!
                            Is it easy to download pics to the tablet and erase the card?

Comment

when you move the pictures to the ipad put them in a folder vs the normal photo roll

then delete the folder

I'm a picture taker, nowadays with the size of cards, life of batteries I set mine to snap a bunch so for a month I might have a few thousand per camera.

I've found it to be very slow . . . . ..

Comment

Working...
                              X