pinwheel software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pinwheel software

to those that use pinwheel do tou find it very accurate on the spine chart. it says im weak with a 29in arrow 125gr tip 28.5 draw and 70lb pull shooting gold tip xt 7595. my broadheads shoot with field points the bow paper tunes a bullet hole so how accurate is this software. also why is the target filter different from the hunting filter

on some bows it's accurate enough. on mine it tells me i'm weak also but the bow tells me different.

a lot has to do with moving the slider for %.

i've had it for 4 years but haven't touched it this year, it's just easier to do it on paper/or your head and use your arrow mfg chart

Comment

Depends on the bow and it's IBO rating. You'll need a stiffer spine for higher rated IBO bow, you may very well be on the weak side with 125 grain head at that draw weight. Also the hunting filter shows recommends stiffer for fixed blade broadheads vs field points for the target filter.

Comment

You could stiffen the spine by cutting your arrow down

Comment

The difference in the two is that a majority of target points are designed to be adjustable in the weight department, instead of just 100 or 125 gr.. It helps to better fine tune your target set ups. Have you poked to see what would happen if you dropped the BH weight to 100 instead of 125? I bet that would help you get closer to the right spine software wise.

Comment

Im going to cut them to 28 anyway due to them being a touch over to long but according to the pinwheel its still not optimum but it shoots good. I wanted to see how perfect i could match a spine to bow and would make switching arrow companies easy. now they need to add bloodsport so I can play with there combos

Comment

Spine is spine regardless of who makes the arrow. It is a standard measure of deflection that all makers use. So if a Beman 400 shoots good so would any other companies 400 spine arrow.

Comment

guess your right didnt think about that I was just thinking how different arrows have different insert weights and some have nock collars and such and I like to look at different options for foc balance and overall weight

Comment

I only mess with that stuff for ideas and starting points. No program can replace in field verification. Plus tweakin is one of the funnest parts. Plus that softwear crap. Never mind. You can do anything you need to a bow without a calculator, computer or a slide rule.
                  Last edited by JW; 09-15-2012, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X