Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BMowatt View Post
    Shoot all of them, buy what feels good
    x2. As you can see I like PSE but I wont knock what someone else likes. Buy the bow that you like and can shoot well.

Comment

Everyone is getting off topic i'm intersted in the thread. What is the big difference between the top brands and others. Is it like Match grade 1911? The only way you can tell a difference is if your a good enough shot?

Comment

Originally posted by Evenin'only View Post
        My Maserati does 185
        Mine does too. But I lost my license, now I don't drive.

Ike
        Last edited by BigTex.308; 09-02-2012, 02:28 PM.

Comment

But on topic now......

It's the same as in most everything. You get what you pay for. Like high point and colt. Both work and do the job they were intended to do, but the colt will be smoother, more accurate, and last 10 times as long. Just better parts and craftsmanship.

Ike

Comment

However, just because a bow costs $400 more doesn't mean it's that much better. Just cause it's the most expensive doesn't mean it's the best one out there.

Ike

Comment

Originally posted by BigTex.308 View Post
              However, just because a bow costs $400 more doesn't mean it's that much better. Just cause it's the most expensive doesn't mean it's the best one out there.

Ike
              This

Comment

I shoot a Martin Sabre ($369 bow package) that I got about four years ago now. I have added some things like a QAD ultra hd rest, extreme raptor sight, and g5 quiver. I have loved this bow so far. It is fast enough, quiet enough and I am accurate with it. I know the top name bows are cooler looking and have more speed, and possibly better materials, but my bow kills deer just as dead as the next guys

Comment

Originally posted by SabineRR View Post
                  I'm guessing you haven't shot the 2012 carbon element?
                  I did and I bought one!

Anyways,
                  Bowtech makes Diamond. Diamond is not a lower end bow, it is just Bowtech's Single cam models.
                  Hoyt puts alot of effort into their cams and their split limb design.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerhunter123 View Post
                    I shoot a Martin Sabre ($369 bow package) that I got about four years ago now. I have added some things like a QAD ultra hd rest, extreme raptor sight, and g5 quiver. I have loved this bow so far. It is fast enough, quiet enough and I am accurate with it. I know the top name bows are cooler looking and have more speed, and possibly better materials, but my bow kills deer just as dead as the next guys
                    Your last line is very true. Each Mfg will have patents on certain features on each bow. Several high end bows should shoot faster, be smoother, have less vibration than the "box store" bows; but not always. Most all bows today are built well and serve the same purpose. I buy the higher end simply because I buy/sell/trade quite a bit, and they seem to hold a wee bit more value. Other than that, I believe 90% is all marketing Hype.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanrma View Post
                      It's all hype!! I'm a newb to the sport and I shoot a Bear Charge and right now, I wouldn't trade it for ANY other bow. I've shot a lot of the so called superior bows and haven't been impressed by them. Also, I shoot with an archery group here in town and they shoot the gambit of manufacturers and I have no problem keeping up with them. As a matter of fact, this past weekend at the Camp Bullis 3D shoot I shot top score. Any modern bow will shoot well, it's the person pulling the trigger that's the difference.
                      Roflmao!!!!!!

To the op. Its mostly technology. And how its applied to the upper end models. Do you need it??? Thats for you to decide. Nobody else.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTex.308 View Post

Ike
                        yes, i found this to be the case this year. strother put out bows that are in most cases 100 or more less than the big three counter-parts and crushed them.

Comment

What's the difference between a $5 steak and $50 steak? They both fill you up and they both make a ****.

Can not say this enough, go shoot bows. Remember if we all liked the same thing ugly girls would never get married.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineRR View Post
                            I'm guessing you haven't shot the 2012 carbon element?
                            You're correct. I bought my bow early this year and am quite happy with it. I feel no reason to shoot/buy another bow just yet. As stated in my post, I am new to the sport and found a great bow at a great price for me. That was the point I was making in my post.

Comment

"I never wonder if I purchased the wrong bow, as I shoot the bow I like best, regardless of hype or price."

I subscribe to this philosophy /\ --and have a Mathews and a Hoyt, and before that had a Browning. If I shoot it, it feels good/right, and I like it--it's the one for me.

Comment

in the case of the op's question, the archery game is just like the car game. there are plenty of makers and plenty of drivers to support each maker. as far as differences, they each have technology specific to them. just sit back and watch who's technology flops and who's sticks around to be coppied by others. its quite entertaining year to year

Comment

Working...
                                X