Draw length matching Arrow length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw length matching Arrow length

I have a draw length that is 29 inches and I really don't know what my arrow length should be. I've always shot my arrows at 31 inches so I could have the extra weight. But with arrows becoming a little more heavier I'm curious as to what I should have my arrows cut to. Any advice would be helpful

I have a 28" draw, and my arrows from knock to end of arrow (without a tip) is 26.5". So no your draw length shouldn't be the same length as the arrow. Or atleast in my case it's not.

Comment

I have a 28" draw and use 27" arrows. For me the shorter the better. Just dont wait till opening morning and screw them on. Make sure the broadhead your using wont be affected at full draw.
      Last edited by wlfhound27; 08-25-2012, 03:11 PM.

Comment

It depends on what rest you are using too. with rests that mount behind the riser
        (Whisker Biscuits) you can get a shorter arrow. with a rest that hovers over the riser such as Quick tunes I suggest an inch past the end of the rest tip. just a suggestion.

Comment

yeah, we just measured them and with my rest i can get away with a 27.5 arrow, but I'm gonna go with a 29, its still more than an inch past the rest and get that little extra weight. thanks guys

Comment

27" DL with a 25-1/2" arrow. I use a fall away rest and they work fine.

Comment

I have a 27.5" DL and use 26.5" arrows. As long as you have an inch in front of the rest at full draw, you should be good.

Comment

I run mine an inch forward of the rest. I have a QAD that sits pretty far back, so my arrow length is almost two inches shorter than my draw length.

Comment

Working...
                X