How do you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you

practice with your bh? Do shoot ft and bh together? Just bh? bh tune and only ft after that?

When i tuned my bow, i shot bh then fp. Have them almost touching. If i shot bh 2nd, id shave vanes.

tune with broadheads, then practice with field tips. I'll check every so often with a broadhead to check for sure.

Comment

I tend to not worry where my field points hit. I used to work in an archery shop and shot many different bows with many different bh. They won't always hit in the same spot. If your bh are hitting where you want, I only care if my fp are grouping. Not to worried about where they hit.

Comment

I am of the understanding that if you are shooting the same grain then the shot should pretty much be the same...Is this not correct? I have been shooting every day but only with field tips, havnt even bought broadheads yet

Comment

One thing i have never been able to do is get a broadhead to fly like a field tip. Every broadhead ive ever shot flew just exactly like,,,,,, a broadhead.

Tune it wt ur field tips then go from there.

Comment

I haven't had experience with different broad heads, but have eard that Slick Tricks and Most mechanicals will have the same POI as field points. So if your bow is tuned then you shouldn't have a problem. My slick tricks, and my rage all shoot the same as my field points. I check them every now in then just to make sure nothing is out of whack. I had a buddy whos broad heads were shooting high and field points good, with a little adjustment now both are shooting in the same spot. Once they are both shooting in the same spot you can simply just just field points with the confidence that when you put on the broad head you will hit the same spot and wont have to adjust. So in your case if they're both shooting the same out to the distance at what your furthest shot may be then I'd say your spot on!
            Last edited by Blake8504; 08-09-2012, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I have a buddy here that is a great bow mechanic. I let him tune my bows. I verify that broadheads hit the same as field tips when he's done (they always do), and then I just practice with field tips.

Comment

Think I might have read the op wrong. For tuning purposes, use fp and then once tuned, just adjust sights for bh if necessary after that.

Once That's done...revert to my original post

Comment

Originally posted by Abu_dude View Post
                    Think I might have read the op wrong. For tuning purposes, use fp and then once tuned, just adjust sights for bh if necessary after that.

Once That's done...revert to my original post
                    What if your bh hits way off from fp? Shouldnt your fp and bh hit the same? I was under the impression, tune your bow, bh tune(if neccessary), then adj ur sight if needed.

Comment

I guess i shouldve asked ''how many practice with just your bh?''

Comment

shooting trad gear, my broadheads usually hit in line with my field tips but between one and two inches higher past twenty yards. I always attributed this to broadheads having better aerodynamics than field tips. Anyone else experience this? (shooting two blade magnus or ziwicheys)
                        Last edited by stickum; 08-09-2012, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu_dude View Post
                          I tend to not worry where my field points hit. I used to work in an archery shop and shot many different bows with many different bh. They won't always hit in the same spot. If your bh are hitting where you want, I only care if my fp are grouping. Not to worried about where they hit.
                          I couldnt agree more!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                            One thing i have never been able to do is get a broadhead to fly like a field tip. Every broadhead ive ever shot flew just exactly like,,,,,, a broadhead.

Tune it wt ur field tips then go from there.
                            agreed

Comment

I practice with BHs. The reason being I shoot one, walk to the target to pull it and walk back to shoot again. Hunting is all about the first shot, cold and warming up shooting dozens or hundreds of arrows and your muscles warming up is not realistic hunting.

I heard one from somebody in the military "train like you fight, fight like you train".

Comment

Working...
                              X