Chronograph app for phone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sic'em View Post
    Have you ever shot the bow through a Chrono before? Or were you assuming the original speed?

I'm going to play with it more tomorrow. See how far The mic can pick up the arrow hitting the target. Then see if the numbers add it correctly. It should be slower the farther you shoot since drag will slow the arrow.

It is consistent though.
    Never shot through a chrono. I should edit my comment....I see where it is a bit misleading. I was just going off of conventional wisdom.

Comment

That's really neat.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
        Never shot through a chrono. I should edit my comment....I see where it is a bit misleading. I was just going off of conventional wisdom.
        The numbers don't sound that far off. How long is your draw length by chance and does your bow stack in weight pretty fast?

I'm amazed you got consistent numbers with a longbow!

Their is alot more variables in a longbow compared to a compound.

Comment

The numbers don't sound that far off. How long is your draw length by chance and does your bow stack in weight pretty fast?

I'm amazed you got consistent numbers with a longbow!

Their is alot more variables in a longbow compared to a compound.
          I draw 29. Bow measures 2.5# per inch exactly moving from 27-29" per my digital scale.

I definitely had a few flyers, but everything that felt good was in the 180s ballpark.

Comment

I'm no expert with the traditional bows. I just started shooting one this year. Those numbers don't sound like they would be to far off.

Comment

I'm no expert with the traditional bows. I just started shooting one this year. Those numbers don't sound like they would be to far off.
              I still think I'm probably 170 or so. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Comment

Interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                  I still think I'm probably 170 or so. I'll give it another go tomorrow.
                  I think I know why you are getting faster numbers.

You might be setting the marker for the bow to late.

For compounds you have the string hitting the string stop launching arrow off the string and making a noise when that noise is picked up arrow isn't very far off the string.

You are probably setting the marker when it picks up the vibration of the string after the arrow is launched off. So the arrow has had more travel time when that noise occurs. The longbow doesn't even get string slap on the limb like a recurve so it's probably hard to set the starting point.

Comment

Working...
                  X