X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody shot the Rage Chisel point?

thoughts?

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

I have not seen these yet, who sells them? I do perfer a chisel point over a cut on contact myself, I feel more confident that I will get a pass through if I happen to get bone.

Comment

Should be a better BH with the chisel point and stronger than the prior model. Still a mechanical and may or may not open according to some. I will try them only if someone gives me a package.

Comment

I'm very interested in this thread. I've always said if they would make a better tip, I would go back to the rage, although I wish they made the 40K/E in a chisel tip.

Comment

I shot the 1st gen Rage BH with mixed results. I have switched to Slick Tricks Mags and used them for the last 3 years or so. I have to say that on med to large hogs there is no equal to a Slick Trick. That being said the thing I always said about the Rage was it's slightly suspect tip. It seems that the have fixed that. I have shot about 75ish deer with the Rage and where I saw (failure to deploy) was in quartering away shots. The BH seemed to punch into the soft skin and gut and not fully deploy until hit denser tissue. I don't think the new tip will change that fact. On those particular shots I did actually recover my deer. I WILL give the Rage chisel tip a try this year and see If it worthy. I love my ST's but they are a little loud in flight. I have several vids of my impact shots where the animal (unalerted) jumped the arrow not the string IMO. That never happed to me with the Rage. So Rage chisel tip on WT's and ST's on hogs for me this year. I will post on Sept 29!!

Comment

FOLLOWING BUt i would like to see some personal reveiws on the extream head as well

Comment

BY THE WAY I HAD A FELLOW TBH'ER SEND ME THIS

This guy is running a BH test on all the new BH from what im getting out of it. The rage start on 15 I think they said the Turkey ones did ok they are going to try the etream and th chisle some time this week

Comment

Cut on contact. I want to cut my way through, not punch through.

Comment

Just got the chisel tip this weekend at bass pro shop in San Antonio; they are wicked looking but not sure on their killing ability yet but will find out soon enough Septrmber 29th is coming fast... Flies great... At least the practice one...

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTTGcB5OFy8"]Test #3 Top Performing Broadhead Showdown - Gel with Shoulder Blades - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I currently shoot the Rage 3 blade in the cut on contact tip. I will most likely buy some of the chisel points and try them, in the 3 blade of course. I didn't like the 2 blade, had some bad luck with it...the 3 blades performed great and created awesome blood trails for me...

Comment

bloodycactus, im in the same boat as you on the broadhead choice. for whitetail i love my rages and on hogs love the slick tricks!

Comment

I picked some up, I will let y'all know how the
                          preformed

Comment

Tip is nice! Blades are still junk....

Comment

Working...
                            X