Hog Hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog Hunting?

Ok so next month I am planning my first hunt ever. Going to go to a WMA at lake Tawokonie. I know I need a ladder stand. but what else would be good to take or have for my first hunt? Since its a WMA what can i bring and what cant i bring?

ladder stand will work fine, if you plan on hunting the wma you might invest in a tree climber for easy in and out hunting

Comment

Ground blind also in case you find a spot and no good tree. And Black Gold Hog Scent.

Comment

oh ok..I will checkin to one.. do you have a price on them?

Comment

Also a thermacell!!!!

Comment

I'd take a popup. Much easier to carry and lighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Klown1214 View Post
              oh ok..I will checkin to one.. do you have a price on them?
              Was u askin me or destry?

Comment

Both..and Isnt being on the ground dangerous with a hog? lol.. I dont know anything about hunting equipment .. so Yeah...

Comment

No. Thats the fun of it!!! Get a Primos Ground Max. Tad over $100, great hub strenght, tough material and should u break somethin they sell replacement parts at a reasonable price.

Comment

yeah i dont own a gun so i dont want to get kiled by a hog..can you imagine the headlines

"Local Dumb Hunter killed by hog!!" lol

Comment

Originally posted by Klown1214 View Post
                      yeah i dont own a gun so i dont want to get kiled by a hog..can you imagine the headlines

"Local Dumb Hunter killed by hog!!" lol
                      Anytime ive ever bowhunted em ive never carried a side arm. Never will. Thats fun of it. Huntin sumthin that can kill u back. Most likely you would just end up with a cut not kilt.

Comment

I prefer a summit, i have a viper ss they will last you forever. I have had mine for about 8 years now they are very comfortable too.

Comment

any of you etex guys have a blind they dont need anymore?

Comment

I suggest a little hog crack
                            http://www.target.com/p/Dole-Sensati...z/-/A-13207660

Comment

Ragin',
                              Great point! That's the fun with bows!
                              Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                              Anytime ive ever bowhunted em ive never carried a side arm. Never will. Thats fun of it. Huntin sumthin that can kill u back. Most likely you would just end up with a cut not kilt.

Comment

Working...
                              X