New Arrow and broad head setup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Arrow and broad head setup question

Recently decided to up my arrow weight. Was shooting CX KV 250 hunters 28 1/4” shaft with 100 gr in the from. Total weight was 394.

My DL is 28 and pulling 65lbs DW.

Néw setup is Victory RIP SS 350 28 1/4 shaft with the standard 50gr insert up front. With 100 grs heads. Total weight is 473

Now I did just recently get this new setup when I got my bow tuned and shooting bullet holes. I was wondering if I go up in broad head weight to 150gr, which push’s my up to 538grs. Would it affect my tuning or should I be okay? That’s what I need advice or you guys input

thanks in advance

Yes it will. How much, don’t know; but I’d bet money you won’t be able to see a difference at 20 yards. Other then hitting low

Comment

Any particular reason to go up in point weight?

Comment

Gotcha. Yeah I’d definitely have to compensate for arrow drop. I shoot a 2 pin fast Eddie so I’d change out the sight take.

And the reason I’m going to a little heavier setup is for hogs. At one of the properties we have some bigger size hog and their numbers are high.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
          Yes it will. How much, don’t know; but I’d bet money you won’t be able to see a difference at 20 yards. Other then hitting low
          This.

473gr is a great middle of road best of both worlds arrow weight to be at. I think you would be surprised at what it'll do on those hogs.

Comment

Yeah your 473 would do just fine

Comment

i will be honest you would have been just fine with a 400gn arrow since the speed is a good bit faster and you could run a heavier head and have more foc and have alot of punch for the hogs. i can get more penetration out of my 350 gn arrows that i can with 513 gn. why slow your setup down that much?

Comment

[QUOTE=BWebster87;n26790281i can get more penetration out of my 350 gn arrows that i can with 513 gn. why slow your setup down that much?
                [/QUOTE]

Physics disagrees on paper so what media gets more penetration with a lighter arrow? Animals? Or targets designed to stop arrows?

Comment

both, plus the overall arrow weight does not reall matter, the broadhead is the killing point of the arrow. as long as there is sufficient point weight and alignment with quality components the rest does not matter 400 to 475 is a good weight to sling an arrow. also a well placed shot is just as important. As in everything everyone has their preferences,

Comment

Sighted in the main sight tape for the 473. And got a second wheel thats removal for the higher grain setup. Since I got a pack of fixed blade single bevel broad heads to see what they do. I’m not shooting past 25 yards. I’ll post my results with both back on here when I make it out to the leases and get after those swine.

Thanks for the input fellas

Comment

Originally posted by Brush Country View Post
                      Sighted in the main sight tape for the 473. And got a second wheel thats removal for the higher grain setup. Since I got a pack of fixed blade single bevel broad heads to see what they do. I’m not shooting past 25 yards. I’ll post my results with both back on here when I make it out to the leases and get after those swine.

Thanks for the input fellas
                      thats a god plan right there keep multiple tapes ready to go. cant wait to hear the results

Comment

Originally posted by BWebster87 View Post
                        both, plus the overall arrow weight does not reall matter, the broadhead is the killing point of the arrow. as long as there is sufficient point weight and alignment with quality components the rest does not matter 400 to 475 is a good weight to sling an arrow. also a well placed shot is just as important. As in everything everyone has their preferences,
                        Ahh, so physics isn't your strong suit. I understand now

Comment

Working...
                        X