Who shoots 150gr heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who shoots 150gr heads

I'm switching to 150gr heads this year, Iron Will solid with bleeders.

VAP SS arrow with total weight at 500gr, 15% FOC
    Phase 4 @ 70lbs
    Dialed Arxos sight

Any similar setups?
    Currently waiting on shop to finish tune, arrow build, and chrono testing.

I'm shooting 125 and 150 gr Magnus (for pigs) and also have some 125gr Tuffhead broadheads that I'll be using for whitetails this year. Total arrow weight is around 540gr, 15-17% FOC, Prime Inline 5 at about 68 lb draw weight and the arrows are Sirius Gemini 250 spine.

Comment

good to see other folks using the high FOC and Sirius combos on here. Keep it going guys!
      Full pass-throughs.

Comment

150 gr. That’s what I’m thinking of shooting in front if my arrows for hogs.

Comment

Have some 150gr Valkyries I launch every now and then, plus some 165gr Simmons Tigersharks. I just mix-n-match different weight inserts and collars with different heads to keep close to the same front weight.

Comment

160 grain valkyrie
            20 grain outsert
            300 spine vap
            2.75" tac vanes 3fletch
            firenock
            just over 450 grains with 18+ % FOC
            pass through from hind quarters out front shoulder with pics to prove it

Comment

I had a warthog turn at the last second and my 125 grain QAD exodus with 25 grain collar punched through his forehead and into his jugular. Needless to say I was glad for the extra umph.

Comment

150 Maasai. I bought enough before they stopped making them to last a lifetime.

Comment

I shoot RMS cutthroat 150's
                  The steel is incredibly tough and sharpening is a PIA but they get razor sharp and hold an edge.

Comment

Not 150 grain heads, but 100 grain heads and 50 grain inserts. 29” draw with gold tip 300 spine xt’s. I’ve noticed it’s more forgiving to shoot. Old school muzzy 3 blade and 60 pound draw weight. I’m 5 off 5 total pass throughs from the base of my tree to my self imposed limit of 30 yards on whitetail

Comment

Bow is back from the shop.
                      New setup and new Dialed Arxos vertical stack slider sight.

40yds start of the season baseline
                      Attached Files

Comment

@40 yards
                        150gr field point
                        500gr ttl arrow weight
                        70lb pull
                        27.5" DL

Through the blackout and through the bones foam
                        Attached Files

Comment

150 Bear Razorheads and 175-gr Rothaar Snuffers for me. My total arrow weight is 525 gr with an XX75 2215 aluminum shaft, 4” vanes, at 238 fps out of a 54lb Elite Hunter. Nails ‘em every time.

Comment

Working...
                          X