OK Next Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK Next Topic

After shooting TAC last week, I will be going to a single pin for next year and shooting 3D, however I think I am going to stick to a combo for hunting with 2 fixed and a bottom floater. That closes my previous question. So, my next question for the TBH crew, is it worth experimenting with arrow size, traditional vs 5 or 4 mm? I shoot 27.5 DL at 60lbs so weight is a small factor, I'm not planning on hunting over 30-40 yards but would like something a little flatter shooting for 3D. Just wondering what the groups opinion was a size and fletching type. I have only shot Blazers on a 3-fletch. Has anyone seen any huge difference on a different vane or by using 4-vane set-up or I am just going down a huge wormhole about thinking about things like this?

Man TAC was a blast. i typically use tac for testing my hunting setup. but this year i ran victory rip xv arrows at 334gn they are light and fast in a 5mm arrow. but when you are wanting to shoot 3d as in likek asa events then you would probably want to look at a larger profile arrow so that it can make up for non perfect shots. cutting the line counts. from what i have seen most of your 3d tournaments are not as far shooting as TAC and depending on what class you shoot there may be an arrow speed cap. as far as veins go is what works for you i have ran mostly aae hybrid 23 for tac and target and some max stealth and hybrid HP which is similar to a blazer, i run max helical and i have had great luck i am running tac veins 2.25 on my rip xv set up and they flew phenomenal so just experiment with different things, i fletch my own arrows and im sure alot of ppl do. i know there are a few more ppl on here that are in the 3d side and hopefully they know more that i do good luck man

Comment

I second the Victory RIPs. I've been using those for 3D shooting lately and they shoot flat and straight.

Comment

Originally posted by jordangerous View Post
        I second the Victory RIPs. I've been using those for 3D shooting lately and they shoot flat and straight.
        yeah they do, i had one in the whole dozen of .003 that flew wierd and would hit low at tac. i just moved it to the back of the quiver and kept on going,

Comment

Originally posted by BWebster87 View Post

yeah they do, i had one in the whole dozen of .003 that flew wierd and would hit low at tac. i just moved it to the back of the quiver and kept on going,
          I will give them a shot, I was talking to the guys at Outlaw in the Woodlands, he suggested buying a couple of 2-3 different arrows, then shooting them and tracking which ones i liked nest, then basing my next dozen of off that, the RIPs was one he suggested that I try out.

Comment

So wormholes in archery is where I stay unfortunately. But as with the 3 vs 4 fletch thing, I feel like 3 is all you need. Especially with the max helical. 4 better with fixed blades imo, and look cooler

Been really liking the rip tko and 4 fletch stealth vanes I have

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
              So wormholes in archery is where I stay unfortunately. But as with the 3 vs 4 fletch thing, I feel like 3 is all you need. Especially with the max helical. 4 better with fixed blades imo, and look cooler

Been really liking the rip tko and 4 fletch stealth vanes I have
              Yeah, I've been shooting Easton, the guy at the shop suggested trying the TKO. Now that it's 4 months until season, I think I am going to build 2 or 3 each of about 4 different arrows and shot them over the summer to see which one I like the best. I usually shoot fixed blade (slick tricks) but have been thinking about trying a mechanical this year. Definitely know about the wormholes.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy97 View Post

Yeah, I've been shooting Easton, the guy at the shop suggested trying the TKO. Now that it's 4 months until season, I think I am going to build 2 or 3 each of about 4 different arrows and shot them over the summer to see which one I like the best. I usually shoot fixed blade (slick tricks) but have been thinking about trying a mechanical this year. Definitely know about the wormholes.
                4 isn’t necessary with a mechanical, but I like knowing there’s a lot of control back there to fix my mistakes. I need all the help I can get. Been impressed with the victory so far, and even with the standard 50 gr insert. 3 animals, same arrow and finally bent it some on the third

Comment

Originally posted by Happy97 View Post

I will give them a shot, I was talking to the guys at Outlaw in the Woodlands, he suggested buying a couple of 2-3 different arrows, then shooting them and tracking which ones i liked nest, then basing my next dozen of off that, the RIPs was one he suggested that I try out.
                  yeah man outlaw is an amzing shop. they have the victory rip, rip tko, and rip ss depending on the price that u want to spend. i do know that they r pre fletched there so that can be a good thing i know that the rip ss are stout

Comment

IMO 5mm is hard to be for an all-around arrow. Durable, less wind drift, best selection of components. For TAC/3d I use 3 low profile fletch and let'em rip. In terms of max distances one of the common things I see is incorrect peep/anchor height. That will hinder your shooting distances more than anything else.

Comment

Working...
                    X