QAD HDX not dropping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QAD HDX not dropping

I’ve used lots of QAD rests and have never had this happen. The rest was professionally installed and setup, and has been working great until last week. Now it will randomly not drop. I would say this happens 20-30% of the time now.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, is there a fix, or do I just need to buy a new rest??

Thanks in advance for any advice

Your string or cable may have stretched, the rest timing cabled have slipped, or the rest internal spring has sprung. Take it back to the shop and have someone check out the timing first.

I had someone ruin a rest many years ago, once, by forcing it down from the up position. It sprang the spring inside. And wouldn't function dependably after that. Had to replace it.

Comment

Send it to qad. They will get you fixed up

Comment

Make sure it “stands” completely up in the last couple inches of your draw cycle. In other words, lock it up and observe the arm totally raise just prior to full draw.​

If it doesn’t “stand up” you need to tighten the rest cord. Best way is to press the bow and re-tie, unless you are using the football. Field expedient is to loosen the allen screw that secures the cord in the rest and slightly pull the cord thru the rest, may need to adjust a few times.

Comment

Thanks for the advice y'all! I'll check those things out and send it to QAD if it's still malfunctioning

Comment

My two cents, limb driven rest.

Comment

I've had two of them do that to me. Internal issues with the rest. Went to my local Archery shop and they replaced it under warranty.

Comment

Working...
              X