Opinions on Wild Edge Stepladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on Wild Edge Stepladder

I am looking for opinions regarding the Wild Edge Stepladder tree steps. Does anybody have any experience with these steps? They look to be a very compact and portable system. I would appreciate it if you would let me know your thoughts about them.

I’ve made 2 purchases from them for a total of 14 steps. They are about a pound each. You can go pure stepladder or use a “Nader and swader”. This option lets you climb around 25 feet with only 5 steps. Steps are very solid and safe feeling once you learn how to tie them properly.

Your profile shows you to live in Montalba. I am in Neches. Shoot me a pm if you like.

Comment

Hey neighbor, about how long of a process is it to hang a stand with about 10 steps? How high will 10 steps get you in a tree? How easy are they to strap to a tree? I guess I need to google “Nader and swader “.

Comment

Depends. Hardwood trees are easier than pine trees. Pure stepladder, about 10 minutes on a slick tree. Obviously limbs take a little more to work around. With a Nader swader, I can go 25 feet on 5 steps.

Going down is another story. Definitely easier if it’s just pure steps. Nader swader can be tricky if you are just learning to set the steps (they may slip). I’ve started repelling down.

The perk to the Nader swader is less weight. Dealing with 10-14 steps is cumbersome, but much safer and was what they were originally designed for.

Tying the steps isn’t hard. You need to practice a lot before you hunt. I’ve done that the hard way.

Comment

They're a pain in the butt... Sticks are way simpler. You have to get the tension just right, and it wasn't worth it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
            They're a pain in the butt... Sticks are way simpler. You have to get the tension just right, and it wasn't worth it to me.
            I appreciate you chiming in. That is one thing that I was concerned about. I’m going to look at it more before I decide on the wild edge steps or sticks.

Comment

I sold mine, sticks are way easier to use than these. Agree with above about the tension comment.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I think I’m going with sticks.

Comment

Those look pretty slick but the price point is kind of stout. I use Hawk aluminum 30 in sticks. Also you Amsteel to hang them with which does weigh hardly anything. I got the sticks off of camofire for like $89.00. 8 steps for $270.00 per their website, just doesn't seem like it is worth it to me.

Comment

Working...
                  X