Review: Stan ONNEX C Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review: Stan ONNEX C Release

Mary got me one for my birthday after I saw Levi Morgan talking about it. A thumb release with a clicker.

I have always shot pretty well, and like most others had the occasional yank. I moved to a Carter Plain1 thumb release to avoid the yanks, or at least help me to get closer to a back tension type movement. It did help, but still left me a little short.

The first thing about the ONNEX C is that about halfway to the release of the arrow, the release gives you an audible click. It lets you know you are on the right track. Keep moving as you are and the release goes off. That has helped me to close the gap and I have never shot this well. It did take me about half a day to get my movement right, repeatable, and reliable, but after that I was absolutely on.

The second thing is how comfortable this thing is in the three finger configuration. I grew up a finger shooter and this feels way more natural than the 4 finger thumb releases I have shot prior.

Third, the out of the box configuration has the small knob on it. It also comes with a larger knob, and a fourth finger configuration that you can simply change out if you wish. I can’t see anywhere I need to adjust. It is too good right out of the box.

A few days into this thing I am giving it a 10 out of 10. Highly recommended.
    Last edited by TX_Kevin; 03-08-2024, 05:31 PM.

Update, after reading the directions and doing some adjusting according to the recommendations of Joel Turner I have almost mastered this thing. It doesn't quite do away with back tension, but moves your shot process to single digit manipulation with just the thumb. It really does work just like he says. I focus on what my hand is doing, and not on the target and I am shooting better than I ever have.

Comment

Good to read. I’m scared to try one because I’m afraid I will want it

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
        Good to read. I’m scared to try one because I’m afraid I will want it
        I would have said the same thing. But this really changed it for me. Watch this video with PJ at Lancaster. https://youtu.be/9ehb3-srRwQ

Comment

I’ll check it out

Comment

Working...
          X