Hamskea Everest Rest Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hamskea Everest Rest Review

I've been a "Hamskea Guy" for several years. When I got a Hoyt last year I dipped my toes into the QAD Integrate waters. It's a solid rest, but ultimately it and I didn't get along. After about 5 months I replaced it with an old Hamskea Hybrid Hunter Pro I had laying around.

This year when I got the Mach 30 I wanted to at least "honor" the idea of using light accessories on a carbon bow. The Hamskeas are tanks, but they are bulky and heavy. So I started out with my old QAD. After shooting through the felt in a month, I was itching to get back to Hamskea. The new Everest seemed to be worth looking at. It doesn't have micro, but that has become less important to me over the last few years. Most of my tuning is done with cams and where my nocking point is on the string. Given that I was willing to sacrifice micro to get a lighter/slimmer/cheaper rest.

I've converted my old Hamskeas to the new dampener and G-Flex wide launchers. This setup to me is more durable, quieter, and with a little UHMP tape I can shoot thousands of arrows without having to pull the launcher off and re-tape it. That's one of the features that keeps me with Hamskea --- the ability to remove the launcher from the rest to apply tape/felt/whatever and then re-install it with no changes.... its wonderful, as is the ability to change launchers. The good news is.. the Everest comes with the rubber dampener and the Epsilon launcher out of the box, nice.

I ditched the football immediately.... I hate those things. A few minutes of squinting later I had a Blake's Hitch setup with tool-less release/adjustment. Next I put the bow in the draw board and took a guess on the cord placement, I was pretty close. It's probably up for about 55% of the travel, and I ended up 1.25" from the axle. I do this by doing a loose slip knot and masking tape it to the limb where it won't slide. Then just a matter of moving it toward or away from axle to get the timing I want. Once it's there I remove the tape, put on the limb pad, and secure it with a series of Dloop knots.

It came setup at 3/16" Center. I put it in roughly the same elevation as the QAD and went outside. A few bare shafts through paper... nock high. Loosen the elevation screws nudge it up 1/16"... pretty close to bare shaft bullet holes at 6 yards, and clean fletched bullet holes at 8'. Stepped out to 20 and bare shafts and fletched shafts impact together. Tuning complete.

I didn't miss not having micro, and all the adjustment screws are easy to get to. They even provide a stubby wrench for the horizontal adjustment as it can get tight between the top of the rest and flex/roller guards. The rest is just over an ounce heavier than a QAD. I weighed them with their mounting plates. (On the PSE you remove the Integrate Rail, and install the COR rail so I weighed each one with its rail and suppled screws).

All is right in the world again. I don't have anything negative to say about it, and I think its a good answer for those who like Hamskea but wanted one slimmer and trimmer. This is basically an epsilon with no micro. It does have micro elevation kind of. The special feature of the Everest is that it has micro adjustment of the up and down positions of the launcher. So you can control how far it goes down and how high it comes up. This lets you adjust it for clearance etc. It also let's you micro adjust elevation if you want. All in all good stuff.
    Last edited by Loneaggie; 01-29-2024, 05:17 PM. Reason: typos

Great review. I’m gonna get a hamskea one of these days. Once my qad craps out on me again

Comment

Working...
    X