Making your own wraps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making your own wraps

Has anyone made their own wraps? If so, what type of vinyl do you use, and have you been able print anything on the vinyl?

I’ve tried asking the past resident sponsor his process, but never received a response, can’t recall his user name now. I’ve been using OneStringer for wraps, but nothing custom.

Comment

Comment

Thanks yall

Comment

Working on this myself! I shopped the for vinyl and Amazon has the best price I can find.

Comment

Yep. Here's the "mapping":
            Oracal 651 : plain colors in glossy and matte
            Oracal 6510 : fluorescent colors: yellow, green, pink, etc
            Oracal 9300 : glow in the dark (white)
            Oracal 5400 : reflective (white and yellow)

I've made wraps out of all of the above. My favorite is the fluorescent hot pink, but I've used the white reflective for my night time hunting arrows and it works really well. Get a roll of the above for $10 off amazon and a craft cutter. I get about 60-70 wraps a roll I think.

Comment

Thanks guys for the help, has anyone tried printing anything on the vinyl?

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter View Post
                Thanks guys for the help, has anyone tried printing anything on the vinyl?
                Printing on vinyl requires a special printer, your at-home inkjet won't cut it. Those printers are quite expensive. I think it's usually done with a UV printer, and they start around $3,500. Dye sublimation is another option, but I don't think its as versatile and they start about $500. In short, unless you're getting in the custom wrap business, it's not worth doing, just order from OneStringer.com.

Comment

Look on the back of any wrap that you buy. It'll have what brand and grade the material is. Go to any place that sells t shirt making supplies /crafts and they will have it.
                  its about 3 bucks a sheet which will make a few dozen.

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post

Printing on vinyl requires a special printer, your at-home inkjet won't cut it. Those printers are quite expensive. I think it's usually done with a UV printer, and they start around $3,500. Dye sublimation is another option, but I don't think its as versatile and they start about $500. In short, unless you're getting in the custom wrap business, it's not worth doing, just order from OneStringer.com.
                    Thanks!

Comment

If you go to Hobby Lobby do not get their vinyl! It won’t even stick to it’s self folded over.

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
                        Yep. Here's the "mapping":
                        Oracal 651 : plain colors in glossy and matte
                        Oracal 6510 : fluorescent colors: yellow, green, pink, etc
                        Oracal 9300 : glow in the dark (white)
                        Oracal 5400 : reflective (white and yellow)

I've made wraps out of all of the above. My favorite is the fluorescent hot pink, but I've used the white reflective for my night time hunting arrows and it works really well. Get a roll of the above for $10 off amazon and a craft cutter. I get about 60-70 wraps a roll I think.

yes, I used this in the past. And when my wife had a machine that did all the cutting and stuff; she could get about 14 7x1” wraps per sheet

Comment

If I was fletching 10 dozen arrows, maybe I'd try DIY to save a few $.
                          For a dozen just order from Mindy at OneStringer. If you send artwork, she does custom printing on wraps.

Comment

Working...
                          X