UV3 Feedback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UV3 Feedback?

Its been a couple years now since ive had a bow in my hand . I recently purchased a used Mathews VXR 31.5. It currently has a Black Gold slider 3 pin sight. I am really considering going to some type of scope sight. Does anyone have any feedback on the ultraview sights? My last hunting bow had a HHA sight with a reticle style glass that really helped me see my pin placement when hunting. I have not kept up with all the new technology lately, is there something better out there? I like a single pin adjustable sight with some type of magnifier if possible. I will post a few pictures of my bow incase that matters. Thanks for any feedback.

Bow
    Attached Files

Comment

I have a UV3 and love it. Its a single pin which I am starting to realize I might want at least the 2 or 3 pin option instead. I like that the housing lights up and its pretty user friendly. Let me know what other questions you might have.

Comment

Originally posted by zgajewski View Post
        I have a UV3 and love it. Its a single pin which I am starting to realize I might want at least the 2 or 3 pin option instead. I like that the housing lights up and its pretty user friendly. Let me know what other questions you might have.
        Thanks for the feedback. So basically your UV3 is a single pin sight and some type of scope all in one correct? With it being adjustable on the fly what makes you want another pin? Just so its already there in the need of a further shot I guess?

I am trying to catch back up on some of this newer technology .

My previous HHA was a adjustable single pin with a magnifier glass of some sort to help magnify the target or animal. I guess thats what I am looking for again and it seems the UV3 are popular in todays time. Thank you again

Comment

I have been using a UV3 since they were released. I've been really happy with it. I have two cartridges, a single in in .019 and a dual pin in 0.10. I don't have to re-zero when swapping them which is nice. I use the single most of the time, but got the double for TAC events. That way on the longer shots I'm not moving my scope as much using the lower pin and keeps my anchor a little closer to normal. The light kit is really nice. A set of batteries last me about a year, and that includes practicing shooting at night and night hunting pigs most of the year. I haven't had any issues with mine. You can use a magnified lens in a UV3 as you noted. Axcel AV Pro scopes actually had metal crosshairs framing the pin, and I really liked them, but I don't know if the newer AVX scopes support that or not.

Comment

I have the 2 pin on a spott Hogg fast Eddie rail and absolutely love it! I also recently got the whole UV set up and am waiting to put it on a new Matthew’s. Just playing with the sight it seems great, but obviously have yet to use it in any capacity. It is pretty expensive and I’m sure anyone can find something else that they like for cheaper, but I’m pretty excited about being able to use this. Spot Goff always did my pretty well but my complaint was pin brightness. Unless I was in direct sunlight or used a sight light, but when elk hunting some states don’t allow lights and getting j to heavy timber makes it pretty difficult.. the UV fiber optics have been great and the built in light (for states that allow it like Texas) is absolutely second to none .

Comment

Working...
            X