LH kids bow recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LH kids bow recommendations

Looking at getting my little one (9yr old boy)in to archery. Need recommendations for LH youth bows.

My lefty grandson has a pse mini burner. My only gripe is the draw weight adjustment is out of kilter with draw length. What I'm trying to say is my grandson is pulling max at his draw length and to increase weight we need to lengthen draw more than he's ready for.
    Last edited by Walker; 12-26-2023, 12:43 PM.

Comment

He is a larger framed kid. I need to measure his DL also. I’m wondering if he’ll even fit in a youth set up.

Comment

Sounds about like my son. Was definitely on the bigger end of his age group. Started with a mission hamr? And when he was almost 10 he swapped to a bow tech amplify. Great adjustment and bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtieken View Post
          He is a larger framed kid. I need to measure his DL also. I’m wondering if he’ll even fit in a youth set up.
          My wife and our daughter both started out with Mission Craze 2’s, those will adjust all the way out to 30” and, as I recall, down to around 18”.

They pop up in the classifieds on here from time to time. Pretty good starter bows.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTech2010 View Post
            Sounds about like my son. Was definitely on the bigger end of his age group. Started with a mission hamr? And when he was almost 10 he swapped to a bow tech amplify. Great adjustment and bow.
            That’s one of the ones I looked at today along with the Radik.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post

My wife and our daughter both started out with Mission Craze 2’s, those will adjust all the way out to 30” and, as I recall, down to around 18”.

They pop up in the classifieds on here from time to time. Pretty good starter bows.
              I’ll have to take a look at those as well

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                My lefty grandson has a pse mini burner. My only gripe is the draw weight adjustment is out of kilter with draw length. What I'm trying to say is my grandson is pulling max at his draw length and to increase weight we need to lengthen draw more than he's ready for.
                I did look at one of these today also. I’m worried it will be too small for him. I can definitely see what your talking about with the DL in perspective to DW

Comment

I’ll have to take a look at those as well
                  The LH part would probably be the trick.

I had one until a little over a year ago because my wife is wrong handed, but that one went out to Playa as a Christmas gift for one of his kids.

Might be worth it to check eBay, and there’s other options as well. Certain PSE models, Hoyt-I know their Klash model is highly adjustable.

Comment

That’s one of the ones I looked at today along with the Radik.
                    If he can handle the physical weight of the bow I'd suggest the amplify. My son struggled to shoot more than 6 arrows before his bow arm would get tired. He's 11 now shooting 60 arrow competitions like it's nothing. I've been really pleased with the bow. It has a much better let off and back wall to me than compared to other Bows with as much adjustment. The hamr was very spongy on the back end.

Comment

I have a LH Infinite Edge you can have to start with.
                      Ended up buying a Hoyt Solution SD.

Located in Bastrop 78612
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BowTech2010 View Post

If he can handle the physical weight of the bow I'd suggest the amplify. My son struggled to shoot more than 6 arrows before his bow arm would get tired. He's 11 now shooting 60 arrow competitions like it's nothing. I've been really pleased with the bow. It has a much better let off and back wall to me than compared to other Bows with as much adjustment. The hamr was very spongy on the back end.
                        You bring up a good point .

Comment

Originally posted by TN_boy View Post
                          I have a LH Infinite Edge you can have to start with.
                          Ended up buying a Hoyt Solution SD.

Located in Bastrop 78612
                          PM sent

Comment

I bought my son a Mission Radik at 11, hes now 13 and still uses it. Its lightweight, easily adjustable on draw and weight. Overall its been a great bow so far for him and have had positive experiences with it.

Comment

My 9 year old shoots a lefty Radik. Good bow so far and like piercebronkite said it is easy to do all the adjustments, which is important when these kids grow like weeds.

Comment

Working...
                              X