Bow scopes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow scopes

Anyone use a bow scope? My eyesight has gotten so that I can't see the sight pins. I had the archery shop install a verifier in my peep, but I'm still not seeing the pins very well.

What brand? What magnification are you using? Cost?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by SabreKiller; 11-29-2023, 02:54 PM.

Anyone?

Comment

If you don’t mind sharing, which sight are you using now?

Comment

I had to go to a verifier and single pin for this reason. The pins started starbursting together and I couldnt pick them out even though they were different colors. There are different levels of verifier. Your bow shop should let you change them out until you find the right one. Im assuming you bought the peep that they screw into.

Comment

1. Fiber strands have different qualities ! I left my Spot Hoggitt ( which is a great sight) and checked out the HHA which had better fibers but then I tried the Black Gold two pin vertical- for me the BG has the clearest fibers and it helped me tremendously . I do use a verifier . The best thing is to hit a good Archery shop that has a large stock of many different brands and try them on your bow. Don’t try to just hold one up and look through it because it just isn’t the same ! What do you have to lose? My shop is 110 miles away but it is well worth it.
          Last edited by Bucknaked; 11-30-2023, 02:11 PM.

Comment

I have a 2x, 3x, and 4x lens for my pin sights. I also have a verifier peep that I sometimes use with or without the lens in it. The bow sights I use are made by Viper Archery. And I had them put .019 in the two top pins. And. 010 in the rest. They have a few accessories for thier sights. I bought them 13 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
              If you don’t mind sharing, which sight are you using now?
              I don't remember what sight I'm using. I haven't shot that bow in over a year cuz I can't see the pins. They're blurred. I had the archery shop in Boerne install a verifier and we went through several different inserts before finding one that worked. Now, I can't even see the pins any more with that one. I believe it was the most powerful one they had in stock. Last time I was at the archery range/shop I told them I was having issues with blurred pins again and they said they may have to build me a scope for it. Maybe a larger peep would do the trick. No peep? I wear glasses (cuz getting old sucks) and when I hold a pen at arms length I can see it pretty clearly.

I've even thought about going to a single pin or maybe 2 pins. One for 20 yards and the other for 30 since my bow shoots pretty flat.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations!

Comment

Working...
                X