crossbow question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crossbow question

Have a Barnett Recruit crossbow.... string broke... everything else is in tact, have new string on the way....is there a way to put the new string on without a press or without taking to a bow shop? Have looked for info on google, not much help.

Don’t want to suggest something that may hurt you or damage your bow but I’ve used a long cabinet clamp to pul in the limbs on bows.Also can use seem small wire and a cable tensioner to pull limbs together enough to do your work.Just be careful there’s a lot of tension and power that can come a loose on ya.

Comment

I've replaced string and cables on several crossbows- with the proper equipment and feel lucky I never had one come apart and I still have all my fingers. IMO it's not worth it to DIY. Take it to a shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        I've replaced string and cables on several crossbows- with the proper equipment and feel lucky I never had one come apart and I still have all my fingers. IMO it's not worth it to DIY. Take it to a shop.
        This. I had the string and cable replaced on an old crossbow back in 2014 at an archery shop in Bryan. I think it cost $110.00.
        There was a guy at work that attempted to change his garage door spring and dang near blinded himself. He kinda had an idea of what he was doing.

Comment

thanks for the suggestions....i would like to keep all my fingers, etc.... think i will take it to a shop

Comment

Working...
          X