Binos for people that wear glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Binos for people that wear glasses

Ok, I tired of having to take off my glasses to look through my binos and etc.... I have done a little research and see that 17-18mm eye relief is suggested for people that wear glasses. I haven't made it to a place to actually try any yet, but it's on my list of things to do. I would like to hear what the green screen recommends. I understand that you can spend a life savings on a pair or you can get a 50 cent pair that are worthless, but what do most of you that wear glasses use?

Most binos have twist up eye caps. To get proper eye relief with glasses, I just kept them in the down position. Works great.

Comment

I wear contacts in the field, but don't have any issues at home with glasses on when I look out in the field behind my house. It's just an old set up of Nikons that cost maybe two or three hundred bucks new.

Comment

Like said above, get some with twist eye cups. Some of the cheapys even come with them.

Comment

I can put the lens cups up next to my glasses and see just fine or without glasses, just put the cups around my eyes. Either way works good for me.

Comment

Ok, y'all bear with me here.... I am old. My binos have a part that twists on the right eye. It adjust +???/-???. I don't remember the range, but it has to do with the prescription. I usually have to adjust the middle wheel, then fine tune the right eye twist thing. Is this what you are referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by Txmusfan View Post
              Ok, y'all bear with me here.... I am old. My binos have a part that twists on the right eye. It adjust +???/-???. I don't remember the range, but it has to do with the prescription. I usually have to adjust the middle wheel, then fine tune the right eye twist thing. Is this what you are referring to?
              The +/- ring is the diopter. That adjusts the focus of one of the two lenses. You can adjust that so that both eyes will be in perfect focus. Most people's eyes aren't exactly the same, so having different focus adjustments for each eye makes it better.

Read this......

How to Adjust Binoculars: Eyecup, Focus, Hinge and Diopter | Stuffoholics

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post

The +/- ring is the diopter. That adjusts the focus of one of the two lenses. You can adjust that so that both eyes will be in perfect focus. Most people's eyes aren't exactly the same, so having different focus adjustments for each eye makes it better.

Read this......

How to Adjust Binoculars: Eyecup, Focus, Hinge and Diopter | Stuffoholics
                ok, I didn't know the name, but I am familiar with the distance between eyes, the focus and the diopter. Usually in that order. My binos do not have any other adjustment, so, I will need to start looking for some with an eye relief (or eyecup) adjustment

Comment

Do your eyecups twist and go in and out?

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
                    Most binos have twist up eye caps. To get proper eye relief with glasses, I just kept them in the down position. Works great.
                    Agree, I’ve never had an issue with binos. Now spotting scopes, can’t find one that is any where near “ comfortable “ to use with glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      Do your eyecups twist and go in and out?
                      No, they don't. The right side is the diopter. It twists, but the left side is fixed.

Comment

Usually if eye cups don't twist in/out the rubber ring at the end of the eyepiece can be flipped back for use with glasses.

Comment

Working...
                        X