Which string and cables do you like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which string and cables do you like?

I'm thinking of changing my string and cable on my Bowtech Equalizer. It currently has First String cable and string on it and has worked well. I'm going to go by the local archery shop today to see what they recommend. Seems there are a lot of quality string companies out there. Looking at Catfish Custom and GAS. What do you guys like?

I'm using 60X as originally recommended to me by Gerrit Murray, formerly of Santa Fe and Gulf Coast Archery. They've done us well for years.

Richard Gaido of Outlaw Archery restrung mine and my wife's bows last year when I was getting some horrible peep rotation a few weeks before season. I took a set of 60X for both my V3X 29 and the wife's Prima and he commented on them being very high quality.

If they're good enough for those two guys, they're good enough for me.

Comment

I’m a fan of phantoms. On my 3rd set with three different bows and they are fantastic. However I’m probably not smart enough or a good enough shooter to really notice that big a difference

Comment

I stopped by my local bow shop at lunch today. They continue to use and recommend First String. Since I had a good experience with the previous set, I went with them.

Comment

60x

Comment

I've used Gas, Catfish Customs, JBK strings. the only strings I've tried from Gas were their Ghost version. I did not care for how much they fuzzed up and how quickly. I prefer Catfish and spec the Bloodline. No stretch. No fuzz.

Comment

Bloodline fiber from Phantom Bow Strings...I’m super happy with mine.

It’s a no wax string.

Comment

I run BCY 452X string material on mine. Properly built and stretched, it'll last a very long time.

Comment

Loving the new string and cables. I didn't realize how stretched out the old set was. Plus, the d loop was a bit too long. I am back to shooting tight groups.

Comment

I use phantom and talk to Matt often… he has stuck by his warranty and just a good class act…. And strings look great he now is at outlaw archery and I believe west Houston archery as well

Comment

I put a set of Catfish Custom Bowstrings on my Elite Ritual and they have performed flawlessly!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Catfish Customs. I've bought a half dozen strings from him the last few years. Has the best customer service around, and produces a high quality set of threads.

Comment

I know there's a bunch of good ones, but I've always had good luck with Winner's Choice strings and cables.

Comment

Threadz have held up awesome on my last 3 bows. Their attention to details is second to none

Fast shipping to your door.

Comment

I've been using Catfish Customs for the last several years, think I've bought a dozen strings from him. Great delivery times, fair price, great with communication, solid work.

Comment

Working...
                              X