QAD dropaway rest not dropping? HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QAD dropaway rest not dropping? HELP

Been paper tuning and found that the cable that activates the spring-powered fork to drop... was set up too long when it got re-strung. Finally shortened it and am getting some perfect shots, but on about 25% of my shots, best I can tell, the thing is not dropping, so my arrow shaft and fletchings are shooting through the fork, forcing it to close, making lots of noise and causing bad flight. Anyone have insight/suggestions before I spend the $ on a new drop rest? Starting to get nervous about the opener. Thanks Greenscreen

Make sure it “stands” completely up in the last couple inches of your draw cycle. In other words, lock it up and observe the arm totally raise just prior to full draw.

Comment

took it to the shop, confirmed it was standing fully, but still had a couple non-drops at their range, so i got a brand new rest. consensus was that the spring is likely worn out. it's a 10-year old rest

Comment

Good deal, go back with a QAD, or limb driven?

Comment

I was gonna suggest out of timing. Or possibly the spring. I've had quite a few quads over the years. And I've had other people push on the rest and spring the spring, there by runing the rest. Newbies .

Comment

Working...
          X