Peep Sight Alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peep Sight Alignment

Have older (make that ancient at abourt 25 years) Matthews Q2. Slapped a new string on it l2-years ago and shot maybe 20 shots. Used all the original also ancient set-up gear: D-loop, nock alignment, and tied in Peep. Same old ancient rest.

The Peep was aligned after I put the string on. Now it's not even close. Peep is rolled out almost 90-degrees. When I nock an arrow it of course aligns the "nock alignment" and most of the peep. But the string twists even as I pull it back and the peep is 90% algined. Seems like it should not do that. Maybe a little, but not that much.

It's been forever since I jacked with a compound and I remember not much.

How do I get the string, nock aligner, and peep set up so it does not twist when i draw it back?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SJP51; 09-02-2023, 09:29 AM.

Check your A2A. If it's a tad long, put a half twist in your string at a time and check. The old Zebra strings were notorious for stretching. I bought a Q2 the first year they were produced, in 2000. Shot it till 2010. A tightly tied D-loop will also help with peep alignment. Occasionally having to rotate the D-loop to get the peep back in position pre shooting. I never use a nock aligner. One less thing on the string.

Comment

Working...
    X