X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutthroat Broadhead

Anyone shooting them?

thinking about making the jump…

I've got a few. They are built to penetrate. I've got the two blade single bevel heads. They are very slender. The ferrule doesn't create any extra resistance and they are a very moderate cutting diameter. They present a challenge to sharpen and you probably need a broadhead specific jig to clamp them if you use a sharpener like the KME. I will say that I had them professionally sharpened once and the metal on the very tip seemed to overheat almost like it wasn't tempered quite right. I'd still have no issue using them and I plan on carrying at least one in my quiver this fall.

Comment

I have not shot them but they appear to be a very solid, well built head and I've read good things about them. I personally prefer somewhat similar designs but w bleeders.

Just a note about the mention on the point overheating. that would not have anything to do with how it was "tempered"/heat treated by the manufacturer. Tempering/heat treating has no impact on preventing something from overheating in the future. thin narrow pieces of steel whether on a broadhead or knife or whatever can easily overheat due to the friction from sharpening if done on some type of grinder or electric sharpener if not careful without any type of coolant fluid. The overheating could cause it to lose it's temper impacting the strength and durability of the tip in the future.

Comment

Working...
      X