Best Bow Case for the Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Bow Case for the Money

After 17 years, I have bought a new bow and it will probably be my last one. Just like bows, I am sure the technology of cases has drastically improved and I am behind the times. I have seen SKB hard cases for just under $400, but I was wondering if there are others that are just as good, but less expensive. I normally travel about 4 or 5 hours to hunt, regularly. I will also be purchasing two cases, so whatever the price is will be doubled. What's your advice?

I've had the old school plano, I've had the nice SKB. What I use now and will continue to use is the Lakewood Bowfile. I love it. I have the broadhead box that fits in the case and it holds way more than broadheads. I have probably 2 dozen broadheads, 3 different types of allen wrench/keys, bowstring wax, field points, an extra release all in that. I also have 2 dozen arrows and can leave my quiver attached with arrows on it. I usually also put my camo suit that I wear in the case as well and just gives it extra padding. I believe the case is $200-300 for the single bow case like I have.

Comment

I have two of these and they're as good as the we have for SKB my wife's Prima. They are pretty large though, a little bit shorter than a standard rifle case.

Comment

SKB- buy once cry once! They are a little heavy and bulky but once I put my bow in it I do not worry about it at all ! I can get pretty rough with it with sliding it in and out of the truck bed and packing other things on top of it ! With the Oring seal it is air tight ! You can get the component boxes reasonably priced on eBay if you chose to use them!

Comment

SKB. Like the other fellow said, I put it in back of the truck and don't worry about it.

Comment

SKB's have gone up in price to the point its ridiculous. I was looking for a good sturdy case about 2 years ago now. I wanted an SKB roto molded case but wasn't going to pay $550+. I have two roto molded rifle cases and combined they don't even cost as much as the SKB's.

I went with the Avalon Bow Bunker which is a roto molded case with seals and air vents but not quite half the price. I was also looking at the Pelican Vault cases but ended up going with the Avalon. Since purchasing it has flown on 3 commercial flights and a bush flight, ridden in the bed of the truck on two 2500 mile adventures, and when I was still in TX it rode down the road to the ranch and back every weekend and I love it. I have zero complaints with it. It holds my bow, accessories, arrows, and small tool kit as secure as anything.

Comment

I have a Pelican V800 2 gun case and used a sharp knife to cut the foam for bow, arrows, rangefinder, quiver, etc. and like it quite a bit for the price. I found one on Ebay for about 60$ cheaper than the MRSP. I have flown with it and taken it everywhere and never had any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                SKB's have gone up in price to the point it’s ridiculous.
                Yep.

Thing that got me looking at other cases when I bought my V3X 29 a year ago in January is that I couldn’t find an SKB in stock at the time.

I found the Case Club case I linked previously when doing a search, and I’m glad I did. It comes with a box for accessories, you can put extra nocks or whatever in it, and also comes with a perforated metal tin that holds desiccant to help mitigate moisture. The latching system is also better than an SKB IMO, as it has an additional twist lock feature which pretty much guarantees the latch on the case isn’t going to open unless you want it to.

Don’t get me wrong. The SKB is a great case. We use one for my wife’s Prima, which we bought when they were still priced normal. That said, there are other cases available that are at least as good and cost less and OP was asking about the best case for the money, not just the best case.

With the price of an SKB these days and the experience I have with a different brand, plus experience with Pelican as a rifle case, I’d move SKB down the list a couple of notches.

Comment

The case club looks like a decent deal but it doesn’t have the extra latches on the ends like the SKB! I don’t know where that $550 + price tag that feller up above was speaking of but that was highway Robery IMHO ! I guess I got mine for $360 last year because I purchased a complete bow set up also ( I do know that they were $399 in November for the heavy duty case!

Comment

I’m not really sure what you mean about the extra latches on the end, unless SKB changed something since we bought my wife’s bow and case in October 2021.

Her SKB is on the right, Case Club is on the left. The latches are somewhat different but again, there’s a secondary locking feature built into the Case Club.

And I wouldn’t have a problem putting a bow in either, but the SKB is definitely not worth roughly $150 more.
                    Attached Files

Comment

My SKB has 6 latches ! 4 on the opening and an additional latch on either end ! It is also equipped with rollers!

i didn’t mean to knock your Case Club at all and I know it sounded that way so please forgive me!

West Hou had 4 different types of SKB’s when I purchased mine last November ! I also like the depth of the skb, with my Mathew’s V3X 29 I can leave the quiver W/ shafts on it attached to my bow ready to go . Different strokes I guess!
                      Last edited by Bucknaked; 09-10-2023, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Nah man, I didn’t take it as a knock at all. I was just trying to figure out the difference. And you seem to have bought a newer, or different model, than what was available to us almost two years ago.

You’re not going to go wrong with either. And like I said, SKB is an awesome case and I wouldn’t hesitate using on for a bow or a rifle. I’ve also run rifles in Pelican cases from the Gulf Coast to the western 1/3 of the state and I’ve never had any issue with any of them.

Again, I was just going by what OP said, “best case for the money”. If money doesn’t count then I’m probably buying SKB.

Comment

Twist it is the i series medium case and that’s why it has the extra latches ! I had to research it a little bit to find it! I wanted a little bit of extra space

also OP if you don’t already know it, remove your site light from these sealed cases in case the battery decides to give up and corrode ! I know of a fellow tbhr that had this happen and it corroded every bolt on his new bow ! Or you could place the light in a good quality zip sealed bag and leave it in the case!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                            Twist it is the i series medium case and that’s why it has the extra latches ! I had to research it a little bit to find it! I wanted a little bit of extra space

also OP if you don’t already know it, remove your site light from these sealed cases in case the battery decides to give up and corrode ! I know of a fellow tbhr that had this happen and it corroded every bolt on his new bow ! Or you could place the light in a good quality zip sealed bag and leave it in the case!
                            Makes sense for sure.

The case my wife’s bow is in it roughly 2/3 the size of my CC. Mine is basically the size of a normal rifle case, so it’s definitely not small, but I definitely like the fact I could put at 34” ATA bow in it while also keeping the slots for the parts kit and the desiccant container.

Like I said though, you’re not going to go wrong with either one. They’re both great cases.

Comment

My vote is also for SKB. In general, i found the best quality hunting accessories on kemimoto website.
                              They have an online chat which helps to choose the right products and answers all the questions within some minutes.
                              Last week i just received from them my new hunting chair and can't be more happy with the quality.
                              Last edited by HappyMangle; 09-24-2023, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X