Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Here Ever 3D Printed Your Own Grips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Here Ever 3D Printed Your Own Grips?

I really enjoy my Obsession Delta 6 but because the grip is thin and rounded, I have trouble gripping it consistently plumb/square to the target. I'm meeting with someone to get some lessons on 3D printing so I can make a custom grip to replace the side plates so that I can have one that comes all the way to the back to make a flatter surface where my hand contacts the grip. I'm thinking this will be the best way to fix the issue rather than look for another bow.

No reason why you couldn't. I was having some of the same issues recently and I made a new grip from wood that would index my thumb/hand the same way every time. It helped. Then I stumbled across "torque tuning" your bow. I have an option archery sight on a dove tail, so this was very easy for me to do. It fixed the inconsistency I was having and I went back to factory grips.

Comment

Does anyone actually grip the whole grip using every finger?

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
        Does anyone actually grip the whole grip using every finger?
        I used to shoot open handed but I no longer can because with an open-handed grip the bow is not plumb/square to the target.

Comment

never 3d printed any but have made some for my own Elite and Bowtech bows and the design on yours based on the pics I've looked at look like they would be really easy to make a new set w some basic woodworking tools.

have you tried a sidebar stabilizer to try to balance it better?

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
            never 3d printed any but have made some for my own Elite and Bowtech bows and the design on yours based on the pics I've looked at look like they would be really easy to make a new set w some basic woodworking tools.

have you tried a sidebar stabilizer to try to balance it better?
            It's not an issue with being level but rather square to the target. Almost like instead of facing the target, the bow wants to face just right of the target (if that makes sense). I'm not a skilled enough wood worker so I'm gonna try my hand at 3D printing one.

Comment

I met a guy at the archery range that printed his own. Looked a lot like the ultraview original with a Little bit of a beaver tail. The finished looked rough but it felt very good in the hand.

Comment

I printed a pair and they're not pretty but it should help. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

Comment

I bought a V3X last year and from the beginning, I didn’t like the thin grip. Ive owned a Switchback XT for several years and was forced to buy the new bow because of a hairline crack that showed up on the lower limb. I really liked the grip on my Switchback so I bought some sports tape and cut out three pieces of cardboard to somewhat match the Switchback grip. I laid the cardboard in place and wrapped it with sports tape from bottom to top and then back to the bottom. The first time I drew it, it felt like a totally different bow.
                  FYI. I had my Switchback and used the grip as a visual guide to get the shape of the cardboard somewhat the same as the Switchback grip. Also, I shoot left handed and I taped the cardboard on the right side of the grip where you place the palm of your hand.
                  Last edited by Pnut529; 11-10-2023, 12:41 AM.

Comment

I wrapped one layer of paracord on my Elite Judge 10 years ago to make the grip a little larger. It's still on the bow and did the job for me. I tucked the ends underneath using serving string in a U like on the bowstring.

Comment

3D printing allows you to place "texture" on the user side of the grip. After the shot you have an imprint that shows how hand and grip were aligned.
                      As well as making them fit your hand for more custom feel.

I removed my grip and installed sideplates only. Then wrapped with tennis raquet grip. Worked great so far.

I've also printed my own Mathews engage bow stand.

Comment

Curious if you had any success with this donpablo ?

I do some 3D Printing/Design as one of my hobbies so if you have an accurate enough sketch and measurements I wouldn't mind spending some time to make a model for you. Can also point you in the right direction of some tutorials that I followed to make some tool parts that I use

Comment

Working...
                        X