RX7 Ultra Won't Paper Tune After New String

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RX7 Ultra Won't Paper Tune After New String

Bow was shooting bullets last year with the stock string. Went and got some Gas Strings put on and now I have a 1" high right tear with bare shaft and fletched arrows. I have the rest almost maxed out left and the tear isn't changing. I shot the same arrows with my RX3 Ultra and its shooting bullets. Anyone have comparable issues? It's looking like I'll have to take it back to the shop. Hopefully they won't have to send it off. Bow and arrow specs below.

Bow: 31.5" Draw @ 76 lbs.
    Arrow: Easton Axis 260 @ +/- 31.5"
    Tip/Insert: 75 Grain Stainless insert/100 Grain Head
    Veins/Nock: 4 fletched w/TAC driver 1.75"/nocturnal
    Total Weight: 550 Grains

Been shooting this same setup for years

Could it be that the strings just settled in / stretched a bit and now the timing is off?

Comment

Recommendation we always used was 100-200 shots prior to a tune. Nock high/ low generally indicates cam timing is off, i.e. cables need adjusted. Nock left/right May clear afterward, or cam(s) need shimed.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        Recommendation we always used was 100-200 shots prior to a tune. Nock high/ low generally indicates cam timing is off, i.e. cables need adjusted. Nock left/right May clear afterward, or cam(s) need shimed.
        I bet I'm at the lower end of that recommendation.

Comment

Did you measure out your string loop from the last strings to the new ones? I'd just start at something easy like that, which you may have already. Put it in a vise and see how everything levels out.

Comment

Gas strings normally do not stretch enough to throw a bow outta tune.

i had a similar experience but it was due to shop that “tuned” the bow. Had some serious cam lean and the bow was outta spec ATA to boot.

i started a zero with specs and found that a good microtune fixed the issue

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
              Gas strings normally do not stretch enough to throw a bow outta tune.

i had a similar experience but it was due to shop that “tuned” the bow. Had some serious cam lean and the bow was outta spec ATA to boot.

i started a zero with specs and found that a good microtune fixed the issue
              I think this is the issue. I'll be bringing to the shop this week to have it looked at. I can feel it jumping to the right when I release.

Comment

Measure your Axle to axle. Should’ve been 34 inches or a little less (1/16th - 1/8) from the shop. We used to set them up that way so as it stretches over time you’re still at poundage but it depends what it left the shop at. When bows are at spec, their poundage is usually 74-75lbs.

All strings stretch some, especially in the Texas heat.

if your ATA is longer than 34 inches, your strings stretched. Longer ATA = less poundage and you get weird lefts and right tears.

The 200 shot thing is a good recommendation simply because most strings are going to stretch some as they settle in, but I’ve found in this 105+ heat that it accelerates the process.

Putting the bow in spec should solve your issues, but if it doesn’t they’ll just have to shim it, which is simple.

I highly recommend writing down your bows specific specs such as ATA, Poundage, and marking centershot with a sharpie/whiteout etc so you know if something gets bumped.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                  Measure your Axle to axle. Should’ve been 34 inches or a little less (1/16th - 1/8) from the shop. We used to set them up that way so as it stretches over time you’re still at poundage but it depends what it left the shop at. When bows are at spec, their poundage is usually 74-75lbs.

All strings stretch some, especially in the Texas heat.

if your ATA is longer than 34 inches, your strings stretched. Longer ATA = less poundage and you get weird lefts and right tears.

The 200 shot thing is a good recommendation simply because most strings are going to stretch some as they settle in, but I’ve found in this 105+ heat that it accelerates the process.

Putting the bow in spec should solve your issues, but if it doesn’t they’ll just have to shim it, which is simple.

I highly recommend writing down your bows specific specs such as ATA, Poundage, and marking centershot with a sharpie/whiteout etc so you know if something gets bumped.
                  This is exactly what it was. ATA was off. When I bought the bow it pulled 76 pounds. When I brought it in to the shop it was pulling 67. He put everything back where it belonged and got it back to 72. Shooting great now.

Comment

Working...
                  X