Shoots great for me but consistently left for my son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoots great for me but consistently left for my son

I set up a new bear legend xr for my 15 year-old son. We have the same draw length. I got bare shafts grouping tightly with fletched shafts at 20 yards and consistently tight fletched groups out to 30yds when I am shooting it. I hand it over to him to shoot expecting that he would need to make some changes to the sight, but I find that while his groups are pretty good, they are 6-8" left of where I was zeroed, which ultimately maxes out the windage adjustment of the sight. This fact makes me think there is something off in the way I have set things up or he has a major issue in his form. I trust my ability to shoot well and was very happy with how well the bare shafts were grouping with the fletched shafts. Any recommendations on what to watch for that would cause him to hit so far to the left? Thanks.

Just a guess here, but it very well could be his grip compared to yours. Thats why it is always best to tune from your shot and not a hooter shooter.

Comment

Have you checked his dominant eye? When I was first learning to shoot a bow, I was hitting way left all the time, and my dad kept moving my site to try and bring me back to center. Finally went to to an archery shop, owner watched me shoot and brought over a pair of safety glasses with the left lens taped over... Bam instantly hit way right... Switched to shooting lefty and all has been good for decades.

Comment

… or he’s torquing the grip.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
          … or he’s torquing the grip.
          This would be my guess. I do this from time to time when I get tired and sloppy with my form.

Comment

Just a guess but bet it may be the grip and his different anchor point.

Comment

Working...
            X