X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mathew’s V3-31 Tuning Help

Let’s start with my current set up;
    V3-31,set @ 71lbs with 29” draw length
    Arrow: Black Eagle rampage 250 spine, 4”wrap and lighted nock, 4 vane AAE hybrids, 29.75”(half out to carbon), 50g half out with 100g field point.

My issue is off the release my arrow is barrel rolling on the tail end with a field point which throws my arrow off by 2-3” in random directions at 20-30yds. And of course with a 3 blade fixed on front it amplifies it to 6-8” at 30 yards.
    I stripped down an arrow and went to paper tune with bare shaft. Yes, the arrow was nock right about an inch at 5 yards. Started to adjust my rest accordingly and ran out of adjustment. It was getting better and needed to go about a 1/16” more to get a perfect bullet hole. I said screw it let’s move the sight now and see how it flies at 20-30. Well ran out of sight adjustment as well. With both my rest and sight all the way to left. Do I need to swap top hats? Never had a Mathew’s before, but this bow has not shot right since day 1. Also I will add I already had the same set up with a 300 spine. Same outcome.

thanks

Assuming your form is correct, sounds like top hats is your only option- depending on what top hats are in the limbs currently.

Comment

Yes it is, and well sounds like I need to take it in then. Just curious if I’m the only one having these issues as well and if not did that fix it.

Comment

When I was in a shop I saw the top hats fix many bows. I could swap them, but I always had to ask which to use, and which direction to shift the cams, and if I needed to do both cams.

Comment

Well that’s good to hear. Hope that’s it.

Comment

Working...
          X