AMS Water Moc: Yay or Nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMS Water Moc: Yay or Nay?

Ive got some carp that need killing and Im in the market for my first legit bowfishing bow setup. I found Bass Pro carries the AMS Water Moc bowfishing recurve for about $350.
    45# @ 28” should be smooth to shoot.
    58” length should be good size for wielding on the dock, creek, or boat
    Youtube reviews seem good.
    AMS bow construction videos were informative.

I really like theyre made in the USA.

What say Yall… Yay or Nay?

Thanks for any guidance and suggestions

God Bless.

I haven't shot that particular bow but everything iv had from ams has been made well.

Comment

Thanks MrMidnite.
      Ill take that as a Yay.

Ive read on here/TBH in passing searches that the reel mechanism is more than fairly good.

Ive never used a reel on a bow or bowfishing bow other than a bail drum mounted to a 30 year old-ish Bear Magnum.
      Last edited by Briar Friar; 07-19-2023, 05:32 PM.

Comment

I bought the bow and got it set up. The riser and limbs are made in China… FYI. The reel is setup on the right side and seemingly pulls the arrow to the right. I adjusted the roller rest to the left and it pulled my arrow back left. I use a gap aiming with the point and my point of impact is currently striking at a 2 Oclock from point of aim. Before I adjusted the rest left, the point of impact was behind the riser and obscured from my aiming eye. I find it annoying to not be able to see, with my main aiming eye, what my arrow is hitting.

The brace height is right at 7 1/2” out of the box. Im going to fiddle with the brace height and see if I cant get the arrow further left. Also I may tinker with my release, go from split to 3 under, to see of that helps pull the arrow back left.

I went to the creek for some critters and nothing lawful presented itself, so ended shooting up some green moss for practice.

The bow shoots consistently and smoothly despite my aiming issues.

Yee Haw.

Comment

Working...
        X