What’s the best rangefinder right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s the best rangefinder right now?

I had some issues with a rangefinder on a hunt earlier this year and am looking to upgrade. What’s the latest and greatest with angle comp and all that jazz? This would specifically be for bow hunting. I have Leica geovids for longer range stuff.

I like my Sig Kilos

Comment

I was very interested in the Leupold RX-Fulldraw 5 but have read a bunch of reviews where it quits working and you have to take the battery out and put it back in and others where it says 1500-1600 yards when you’re ranging something at 40-50 yards. Not looking to spend $500 for another problem

Comment

I have a brand new Sig Kilo 5K rangefinder for sale. It is very high quality. I just can't find the post in the classifieds because the new site is too difficult. PM for pics if you are interested!

Comment

I don't know anything about "best"... but my sig Kilo 1600 has been excellent for a few years now.

Comment

No idea about the best but for a bow hunter Sig Kilo is going to be pretty hard to beat

Comment

Originally posted by CreedXS View Post
              I have a brand new Sig Kilo 5K rangefinder for sale. It is very high quality. I just can't find the post in the classifieds because the new site is too difficult. PM for pics if you are interested!
              To find your previous threads you’ve started…
              1.Go to the the top right corner and click on your user name.
              2. Then click on “Activities”
              3. Click on “About”
              4. Scroll to the bottom and click on “Started Topics”

It will then show all of your threads you started.
              Attached Files

Comment

Not saying it’s the best by any means. I researched and went with a Vortex Diamondback range finder. Sure like the red output on it. I’m very happy with it.
                Last edited by Bone Thug; 07-16-2023, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Which Sig Kilo? They make several different ones.

Comment

I have a sig and it’s been good, but I just was reading on another sight that a lot of people are having their sig range finders not working in colder conditions ( 40 degrees, which is not cold here ). And sig won’t do anything about them. Many have tried to return them but sig won’t take them back or refund there money. So I am looking to “ replace” mine now, I guess. 40 degrees here while rifle hunting is a warm day most the time. We are talking below 0 at times.

Comment

I had a cheaper Vortex(crossfire maybe?) which worked ok but didn't do well in low light and was hard to read. I got the sig kilo for the red lettering which is easier to read and it works better than the vortex except the angle compensation doesn't work at all on it. probably should have sent it back and got a new one but at the heights I'm hunting at you're looking at maybe a 1-2 yard difference so it doesn't really matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                        I had a cheaper Vortex(crossfire maybe?) which worked ok but didn't do well in low light and was hard to read. I got the sig kilo for the red lettering which is easier to read and it works better than the vortex except the angle compensation doesn't work at all on it. probably should have sent it back and got a new one but at the heights I'm hunting at you're looking at maybe a 1-2 yard difference so it doesn't really matter.
                        I misspoke earlier in my post but I have the Vortex Diamondback with the red output. Yes. The Crossfire is the cheaper version.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                          Which Sig Kilo? They make several different ones.
                          I jave the 850 and 1800 BDX. Main use to date has been Archery.

​​​​​Here's my issues.
                          The text on the 850 display is black. Makes it harder to read at first/last light when the deer is standing in the treeline.

The 1800 BDX doesn't get used much, haven't been hunting in well over a year
                          Last edited by Pushbutton2; 07-18-2023, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X