Range Finder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Range Finder?

I am sure this question has been asked before, but who is making the best range finder for the money? I made the mistake of buying one before a hunt and not checking it before going out. ranged a good 8pt at 30 yards and took the shot. Shot about 8 in over his back ( he jumped the string..) Measured the distance after taking the shot, it measured out to 22 yards. Would like a range finder to that works a little better than that.

I have a Leupold RXII that I love. Expensive, but you get what you pay for on optics and range finders.

Comment

Nikon's are pretty accurate and fast. Reasonably priced also.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
        I have a Leupold RXII that I love. Expensive, but you get what you pay for on optics and range finders.
        I've got one of the like new that I am thinking of selling. PM me for a discounted price

Comment

Nikon

Comment

Leupold RX-II, never an issue great rangefinder. Nikon are nice too.

Comment

Nikon 550 here...

Comment

I bought a Simmons earlier this year, think it's a LRF600. After rebate it was around 80 bucks. Granted it probably won't do everything that a much more expensive unit will, but it has done what I wanted it to. Accurate as well.

All I used it for is ranging archery targets and tree stumps. I'd expect low light/fog/rain would be a problem. But again, $80

Comment

I have a Nikon 440 that I bought here on TBH. If you wait until after the season, you'll find some great deals!

Comment

Just got one last month ( 1200 Legend ) Was a very early Xmass. Works great. The longest range I have shot from up in my tree was 1128 yards in Rifle mode. Did it just for

Here is the best price I found.

Comment

Nikon 550 is a solid rangfinder for both bow and rifle. It has the cut angle as well works in rain and fog. Easy to set up and use right out of the box, you don't need the instructions after a few days with it.

Comment

Thanks for all of the info. Just trying to get a more accurate opinion then they guys working behind the sales counter.

Comment

bushnell has been in the rf business since day one. i have had mine for over a decade now and it has only cost me 3 9-volt batteries.

Comment

any opinions on the leupold vendetta??

Comment

I have had great luck with a Nikon Rifleman 550. Not terribly expensive and works like a champ even in the rain.

Comment

Working...
                              X