No announcement yet.

New to bowhunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure how far, but on target in canton is good. Brian knows his stuff. See him.

Comment

Welcome to the green screen.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Can't go wrong with some extreme sights. They are not top shelf but very bright pins. I have used one since 08 till now. I just got a deal on TBH for a spott Hogg sight.

Broad heads list I have used are, muzzy,slick tricks,shuttle t lock & rage 2 blade.
            Disliked head used was blood runner. They rattle too much when I used them. Rage 3 blade have hanging issue when opening.
            Favorites are slick trick & rage 2 blade, t lock for small game mainly squirrels.

Comment

Alvarado Pawn isn't too far away.

Up in Fort Worth is Smithfield Archery, nice folks there.

A little further up the road is Cinnamon Creek, they are pretty nice, and have the biggest selection in the area.

Set a budget, and do some looking. Get the opinion of some of the techs about what will fill your needs, and still fit in the budget. Most shops will let you handle or test different components before purchasing.

Comment

Do y'all like using the pop out broad heads like the rage or fixed? I have thunderheads right now

Comment

Originally posted by JoshRA View Post
                  Do y'all like using the pop out broad heads like the rage or fixed? I have thunderheads right now
                  You remind me of me when I started. You want to find out as much as you can
                  Those are called mechanical broad heads. My answer is rage 2 blade. I do not like the 3 blade.
                  Might try the 2" reapers next year too. They look just as good.

My fixed heads are slick trick magnums & shuttle T-Locks

Comment

Welcome to the addiction!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tomkat07 View Post
                      You remind me of me when I started. You want to find out as much as you can
                      Those are called mechanical broad heads. My answer is rage 2 blade. I do not like the 3 blade.
                      Might try the 2" reapers next year too. They look just as good.

My fixed heads are slick trick magnums & shuttle T-Locks
                      So it seems like the rage 2 blades are mainly used by everyone?

Comment

So it seems like the rage 2 blades are mainly used by everyone?
                        The 2 blade rage seems to be the most popular mechanical, and the slick trick is probably the most popular fixed blade, at least in the tbh world. People get pretty opinionated about broadheads, so take it all with a grain of salt good or bad. Find one you like. They all fly like field points out of a well tuned bow.

I use slick trick magnums

Comment

Originally posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
                          The 2 blade rage seems to be the most popular mechanical, and the slick trick is probably the most popular fixed blade, at least in the tbh world. People get pretty opinionated about broadheads, so take it all with a grain of salt good or bad. Find one you like. They all fly like field points out of a well tuned bow.

I use slick trick magnums
                          I havent ever tried the mechanical since i have heard some stories about them not opening up.

Comment

PM

Thanks for the advice, Now maybe I can get someone to chime in on a good shop local. Im not afraid to spend some money on good stuff. As you stated, I use to buy cheaper stuff to try out and then came back for the good stuff. I bought this bow fully dressed so I got the feel of it and now have enjoyed bowhunting, so I'm now looking to get the "good stuff" haha.
                            PM sent

Comment

Good luck on getting your bow rigged out. I would spend what you can on the sights, rest, release. Go to a reputable bow shop and have them help you select what fits your needs. Try out multiple products on you bow. If they are a decent shop they will let you.

Comment

Working...
                              X