Rookie question....HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Little Long View Post
    Brand new muzzy. Think it will pass thru?
    Depends on what ya hit.

Comment

Maybe an inch at 20

Comment

You never know. I would assume 1" or 2@ high at 25.

Comment

Well I walked up to the feeder earlier in the dark to see something....went kinda creepy. Two larger size pigs were there and one went one way and the other went opposite. Brush was to tall to see but could defiantly hear them walk around is with no fear, growling and grunting....had my adrenaline goin. Haha I was hoping one would come at us of show him sell the meet the .45 I had.

Comment

The best thing to do after you increase your bow weight is to shoot it and see where it is hitting.

Make sure that the arrow you are shooting has the correct spine for the new draw weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Swat791 View Post
              The best thing to do after you increase your bow weight is to shoot it and see where it is hitting.

Make sure that the arrow you are shooting has the correct spine for the new draw weight.

Definitely this^^^

I would make 100% sure that your broadhead tune is still good before going after that hog.

Comment

If your rookie stick to low poundage you would be better off. I would only shoot 70#'s if your comfortable shooting over 60 arrows at ounce at 60#. Bears are somewhat of a thin skinned animal and probably will get a pass through with aanything over 70#'s of energy... Go to a heavier arrow first..

Comment

I have no problem shooting 65 right now. 70 wouldn't bother me, I've been shooting a while just never really turned my own bow up or anything. I'm just gonna leave it like it cause I have no doubt in hitting dead on with it now

Comment

I shoot 65#s and magnus 2 blade broadheads and blow through almost every pig I shoot. The only two pigs I remember not blowing all the way through was a 252# boar that was quartering hard to me and I shot him right through the front shoulder and it lodged in the back offside leg. The other was a 200# boar that I shot from 45 yards and was a 4 blade Magnus and the broadhead made it all the way through the shoulder. I have yet to find a better broadhead for the price than Magnus snuffers but I've seen that Magnus no longer makes the snuffer broadhead. The pic is of the second hog I didn't blow through. I'm not basing my results on only a few pigs, these results are on well over 50 pigs shot with magnus broadheads.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X