Bow upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow upgrades

My buddies birthday is coming up in a week and I went out to academy and got him a PSE Nova. He has expressed interest in getting into bowhunting and I thought I'd start him off with a basic entry level bow. He has talked to me about how he has a couple hundred dollars to spend on a bow, but now that he'll have one, all he'll have to get is arrows and a release. So I'm wondering what extras he could get to improve the bow with the money he'll have left over. It came as a package, so it has a sight, d loop, quiver, and peep. I thought he could get a stabilizer and a string stop for it. Is there anything else y'all would get that would significantly improve performance?

I know it isn't an upgrad but a bow sling would be a good gift. I still don't have one and every time I think about it I mean to buy one but haven't. I'm sure it will come in really handy in the woods. I know they had a Primos one at Academy for like under $20. But a string stop would be great. I bought one because my bow didn't come with one and it made a difference. Made it a lot quieter as well. He is your bud, he will be stoaked at what ever you get him.

Comment

Oh crap. I read that wrong. You got the bow for him. That is freaking awesome. Will you be my best friend? haha.

Comment

I wouldn't hesitate to buy any kinda vibration dampning rubbers to put on the limbs and things like that...broadheads for the arrows, good field points (Saunders)

Comment

a good target

Comment

Target for sure!

Comment

X3 on the Target.

Comment

get him a notepad and a good pen,, anotating notes and adjustments will help him !

Comment

Maybe some limb savers or string leeches (monkey tails by mathews) for vibration dampening. I think the monkey tails because they are very easy to install.

Comment

Originally posted by shootsmall View Post
                    Maybe some limb savers or string leeches (monkey tails by mathews) for vibration dampening. I think the monkey tails because they are very easy to install.
                    X2

Comment

Working...
                    X