Need help to quiten my bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help to quiten my bow

Ok I need suggestion on how to quiten my hoyt. I have tighten every thing and have the normal string silencers what else can I use. Its not very loud but still want it quiter.

Tell us what your shooting .
    Ron

Comment

Do you mean make your bow more quiet? I am sure you are going to hear at some point your problem is Hoyt and you should get a Bow-Tech/Mathews/Bear/<Insert Fav Bow Here> so take it in stride

A stabilizer and string stop are 2 other items that help with vibration. Why do you think you need to make your bow more quiet?

Comment

What's the draw weight, kind of arrows and length?
        Often light weight carbon arrows and high draw weight will make your bow a little nosier...may just have to deal with the noise if you have all the dampeners on it you can.

Comment

cat whiskers, limbsavers, string stop if your bow doesn't already have it

Comment

I have also noticed with my Hoyts that cam timing is critical to being quiet. If my cams get a little out of time I start getting some vibration and noise.

Comment

Good timing, cat whiskers, a good vibration stabilizer like a doinker or limbsaver x coil, cable silencer, heavy arrows (probably the biggest factor), limbsaver dampers on the limbs. I've got all that and my bow is a whisper.

Comment

shoot it at half draw!

i bet it isnt as loud as you think it is.

Comment

Which Hoyt is it? Does it have the factory Fuse string stopper on it? Replacing it with one with softer rubber will help out more than you think. As said above too, cat whiskers do a better job at silencing a string than any other silencer.

Comment

Originally posted by AMK View Post
                    Do you mean make your bow more quiet? I am sure you are going to hear at some point your problem is Hoyt and you should get a Bow-Tech/Mathews/Bear/<Insert Fav Bow Here> so take it in stride

A stabilizer and string stop are 2 other items that help with vibration. Why do you think you need to make your bow more quiet?
                    I don't think anyone would stoop to such antics....
                    Attached Files

Comment

All of the Hoyts I have owned have been very quiet compared to other bows. My Rampage XT is super quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
                        I don't think anyone would stoop to such antics....
                        lmao

Comment

This is the exact reason I shoot 2215 aluminum shafts with 145-gr broadheads. They are so smooth and quiet out of my Hoyt and my Mathews.

Comment

i no it sounds dumb but you can take a silicone or hot glue and run it around your handle and other none moving parts. it does take alot of vibration out. i did it to an older bow of mine to try it out and it worked. i probly wouldnt do it with a newer bow.

Comment

Working...
                            X