G5 T3 deployment and resetting blades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G5 T3 deployment and resetting blades?

So I just bought T3's for the first time and I was really excited about using them until I started messing with them...

I have always been a die hard fixed blade guy and shot G5 Montecs and montec CS. Last year I shot 3 blood runners and was not impressed.... Performance is part of it but more than anything I am looking for retention of shape, and sharpness. i.e. I should probably stick to fixed blades.

Now I am playing with these T3's and trying to figure out the spider clips. The instruction say they are ready to go out of the package so I screw one on and use the thread protection tube to try and deploy the blade from the front. It took some GOOD force to get them loose, I did not like that.
    THEN, the instructions tell you how to reset the blades in the spider clip for next use...WITHOUT having to remove the tip from the arrow.

So I reset the blades and I see the spider clip has bent as I suspected but now it is a touch too loose for the blades to stick firmly in place. I used a flat piece of plastic and bent the spider clip prongs back up just a touch. Only enough to where I am confident the blades wont deploy prematurely.

In the end, The spider clip is not holding the blades as tight as it was out of the box, but it is also not as loose as it was after the blades were deployed. Is this ok? Does anyone else do this to help ensure the blades deploy on impact?

Hope that all makes sense. If you use T3' you should understand it all.

Thanks!

ac

Sounds like to much crap to deal with. Sorry I'm no help.

Comment

I'm trying the T3 this year. I killed a doe 2 weeks with it. It worked perfectly. I had to do the same thing with one of the broadheads except I used a medium size safety pin to get the correct tension on the Spider Clip. Once I got it where I wanted it I used the broadhead tool that came with to pop it open using a small food serving scale . It took maybe 2 pounds of pressure to open it. That's what the other two in the package popped open with. THe head I had to adjust is what I killed my doe with. After I checked the T3 the blades were still very sharp with no nicks. The spider clips were bent back, so I bent them back using the safety pin (It's a tool now in my archery box) and checked the tension and it's ready to go again. One thing to remember is the clip goes under the little tits of the blades that's what keeps them closed. I really like the T3's once you understand how it's suppose to work.

Comment

Hey pig slayer can you take a close up picture of one of your tips? I wanna see how ti looks in comparison to mine

thanks

ac

Comment

Originally posted by Adgerc15 View Post
          Hey pig slayer can you take a close up picture of one of your tips? I wanna see how ti looks in comparison to mine

thanks

ac
          I hope these are clear enough
          Attached Files

Comment

I forgot to add. To set the right tension you have to screw the broadhead on the arrow.

Comment

Adgerc15, I decided to get some too. They do'nt seem to tighten up enough on the arrow. Went to pull one out of quiver and it had worked loose. Now, where did I put those Muzzy 4 blades at? Gonehuntin68, I concur.

Comment

Instruction per G5:

" Return the blades to their un‐deployed position by lightly sliding the
                blades upward by using the outer bottom corners of each blade and
                pushing the blade forward until it stops at the tip. In the same motion
                gently push the blade downward in to the Spider Clip"

So Pig Slayer when you reset the blades after deployment do you wrap the prongs on the spider clip around the wide tab on the bottom of the blade so they sit underneath it and "hook" it in place. OR do you push the blade into the prongs from the outside so the pressure hold them on the the ferrule from the outside of the prings.

Does that make sense?

ac

Comment

Originally posted by Adgerc15 View Post
                  Instruction per G5:

" Return the blades to their un‐deployed position by lightly sliding the
                  blades upward by using the outer bottom corners of each blade and
                  pushing the blade forward until it stops at the tip. In the same motion
                  gently push the blade downward in to the Spider Clip"

So Pig Slayer when you reset the blades after deployment do you wrap the prongs on the spider clip around the wide tab on the bottom of the blade so they sit underneath it and "hook" it in place. OR do you push the blade into the prongs from the outside so the pressure hold them on the the ferrule from the outside of the prings.

Does that make sense?

ac
                  After deployment, I gently bend the spider clip back to almost the original position. Then push the blade forward toward the tip thru the ferule so tabs are on top of the ferules and at the same time apply a little downward force to the blade with the flat part of my thump nail until you hear it click back into place. Repeat the same with the last two blades. The last blade will be the hardest to reset. The blades tabs will all be on top of the spider clips ferules. I also slap the arrow in my hand to make sure the blades are locked. They don't open until I put pressure on the front of the blades with the broadhead tool.

Comment

sounds right to me! thanks Pig Slayer, good stuff!

ac

Comment

They are a good head, and take some getting use to as far as resetting them. They get the job done for me.

Comment

Man they blow through deer like a fixed blade I like em.

Comment

The clips are a little tricky I will admit, but there are many videos floating around the web. I hate to say it but one of the best ones about getting the clips set right features Tiff and her drive me crazy accent.

They have been deadly at everything I have flung them at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and my big fat gorilla thumbs.

Comment

I hate them. Love G5 Striker but the T3 is a gimmick. It is about 50/50 if all three blades will deploy properly. I have seen them work perfect and also see them failnto penetrate or worse deploy inflight and hit oFf target. Great marketing campaign but theybare crap. Way overpriced.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad-Karma View Post
                              I hate them. Love G5 Striker but the T3 is a gimmick. It is about 50/50 if all three blades will deploy properly. I have seen them work perfect and also see them failnto penetrate or worse deploy inflight and hit oFf target. Great marketing campaign but theybare crap. Way overpriced.
                              First bad review I have ever read. Have you shot them at an animal before?

ax

Comment

Working...
                              X