Moultrie finally lost me as a customer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moultrie finally lost me as a customer

I'm a huge fan of the Moultrie I-40 and have tolerated the bad LCD screens going out once or twice a year on the three cameras I'm running. I love the camera because of the external battery packs/solar panels and the picture quality has been unmatched by other cameras that I've used or looked at from others.

For the last several years I have called Moultrie, spoke to a nice person, and been shipped replacement LCD screens with no hassle. I know how to put them in and can do it in a few minutes.

I called today and was told I could ship the cameras to them and they would repair them for $38 or something like that. I told the lady I just wanted the replacement screens and I could fix them myself. She then told me the total cost for the replacement screens would be thirty something dollars BUT they would cover the shipping. I tried reasoning with her about the screens and told her how they had always sent them out for free since they knew the screens were faulty and had sold the cameras anyway. She said they had a new policy and the screens were $14 each (or something like that). I asked her "Is your new policy to lose long time customers over a cheap chinese part that probably cost you a dollar? Doesn't sound like good business to me". She said "is there anything else I can help you with?". I said "no, I can find your competitor's websites using google".

Grrrrrrrr.

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    She said "is there anything else I can help you with?". I said "no, I can find your competitor's websites using google".

Grrrrrrrr.
    Sorry about that but that made me giggle.

Comment

I'm with ya. I'm thinking my next one will be the Cuddy Attack IR.

Good luck with the Moultrie,

Comment

if you bought em at academy they will take em back no questions asked. I like the moultie camera's as well and i've had the same problems with them, when they break I just take em back and get a new one.

Comment

I haven't been seeing the I-40s anymore since they are selling M-80s. I haven't looked real hard though because I've always replaced the screens and they kept working.

Comment

gotcha, just an alternative option possibility

Comment

Good luck finding a new trail cam. Primos work alright.

Comment

What sucks is I really like the M-80s that a buddy is using but I won't buy another moultrie product cause I'm a stubborn jackazz.

Comment

did you actually type "Grrrrrr"? lol

mine started reading some error code and will not take a picture now. let me know what you replace yours with. i want a good one for the backyard again.
                  without a flash for night shots

Comment

I got an I40 five years ago I think it was, and got a new one under warranty every year. They must have run out of replacements as this year I got an I90 back instead of a 40. I will see what happens next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      I asked her "Is your new policy to lose long time customers over a cheap chinese part that probably cost you a dollar? Doesn't sound like good business to me". She said "is there anything else I can help you with?". I said "no, I can find your competitor's websites using google".

Grrrrrrrr.

Chew, I have over a dozen of the D40’s and they work great. Out of those, I had one fail, and I sent it back and they sent me a brand new cam back 6 days later free of charge.

These cameras perform, day in and day out, without fail, and take great pics. I will take these cams over those high dollar jobs any day. I can 4 for the price of the other guys 1…..no brainer……

I experienced great customer service when I dealt with them. Sorry to hear you had such poor customer service. I hope it is not a sign of things to come from Moultrie…..

Comment

Sounds like there has a been policy or employee change:

Valued Moultrie Customer,
                        We want to let you know we are in receipt of your recent email. Due to the busy hunting season we are experiencing a high volume of emails. To better assist you and take care of all your needs we have staffed a knowledgeable team of customer service technicians available to take your calls with minimal to no wait time.
                        Please call 1-800-653-3334 and press option 4 to reach a technician from 8AM – 5PM Central Time, Monday – Friday.
                        We thank you for your business and look forward to speaking with you.
                        Last edited by Chew; 10-20-2011, 08:37 AM.

Comment

I've had to take my D60's back countless times. I'm about sick of moultrie too and may go to Primos.

Comment

Originally posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
                            I've had to take my D60's back countless times. I'm about sick of moultrie too and may go to Primos.
                            Certain batches of cams had problems, where others would be fine….

Check out the ''Chasin Game'' site on the web, it reviews all the cams.

It saved me a lot of money & aggravation....

Comment

primos can use external battery pack and solar panels.

Comment

Working...
                              X