No announcement yet.

Home made Ground Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We use old billboard signs to black them out.

Comment

That is a darn good job. I bent a piece of re-bar into a rounded shape and used camo netting. Brought in a few axis and a couple does inside 10 yards. But it was opening day. I wanted to see what else would come out. But that's the digs man. Bravo.

Comment

Thanks for the great ideas.

Comment

I've always thought that the black out inside was best, but looking at that blind, with a little more brushing in, I think it looks more natural. No "black hole" to spook the deer. Plus, and this is a positive and a negative, air can flow through it, cooler on those early season hunts, but also colder in late season and it would have less ability to control your scent. You could use a tarp or something on top to shed rain, just cover it with plenty of brush so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. I do see how the deer could see you inside, since it's not blacked out, but they can see you sitting in a tree or tripod as well, camo works well for that, should work for this blind as well. I've also seen them made with old carpeting, as well as the indoor/outdoor carpet that looks like old style Astroturf, might conceal your movement better.

Comment

looks good.

Comment

It'll work like a champ!

Comment

That'll work!

Comment

We cover ours with old thrown out carpet and so far we are up to 3 yrs and they are still in good shape. They are very nice when it is blowing, snowing, raining, hailing, or just still and cold. Last year my son on his 11th birthday killed his first deer with a stick & string out of it(8 pt at 10 yrds). They are also quiet and comfortable (I have a big office chair in there).

Comment

looks great

Comment

looks awesome

Comment

I have one like that too. Good job

Comment

good ,,job,,, nice

Comment

Working...
                          X