PSE Chaos Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSE Chaos Advice

I just bought my wife a PSE Chaos with 50# limbs, and she is at a 26" draw. The user manual doesn't seem to have much info in it regarding weight reduction, and how far it can safely be dialed down, and was wondering if anyone has set up one of these "grow with me" bows, or knows the approximate poundage that is changed per 1 full turn? The ad for this bow states that it can be adjusted from 25#-50#, but after 3 turns the limbs seem to almost be completley out of the pockets. Any advice or additional info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1 turn should be about 3 pounds of draw weight. and would not think that you could get 25 pounds of adjustment out of the same set of limbs, but IDK for sure. Might wanna go visit one of your local shops like West Houston Archery or Bow Zone(which is in Spring) and see what they can tell you about it. Would hate for it to come unhinged on a lady or kid!!

Comment

My concern exactly. Thanks for the insight.

Comment

It is probably a combination of string placement on Cam and limb adjustment. Call the manufacturer to see what they recommend

Comment

I think that bow only can be adjusted from 40-50lbs. My 12yo daughter pulld back 37lbs with no problems. I would not go over 3 turns

Comment

Well it turns out there are two different cable positions. One position allows the weight to be dialed down further than the " fixed" weight at shorter draw lengths. Thanks to everyone for their .02

Comment

My wife shoots one and I don't know about the alternate cable position you're talking about, but the draw weight will only adjust from 40-50 on heres, so 3 full turns is all you want to go, if a limb pops out of the pocket, it might not want to go back in, so I'd suggest that you use caution in your adjustments.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                My wife shoots one and I don't know about the alternate cable position you're talking about, but the draw weight will only adjust from 40-50 on heres, so 3 full turns is all you want to go, if a limb pops out of the pocket, it might not want to go back in, so I'd suggest that you use caution in your adjustments.
                If you look on the cam, (the same side as the length adjustment screws) you'll notice by factory default the cable is pulled over what the manual refers to as the boss. This is the "fixed" position that gives you the 40-50#. If you route the cable behind the boss it will lessen the poundage when the draw length is lowered. So according to the manual, in this position, if you were to set the length to 19" ; the peak draw weight would then be 39#. So the weight can reach 25# mark, but its limited to the 17" draw length.

Comment

Just wanted you to know HM, in case you hand the bow down someday to a shorter draw. The manual was a bit confusing on this subject....lol. Maybe I should write PSE a letter asking them to rethink how they present their product info.

Comment

Working...
                  X