Easton Epic Arrows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easton Epic Arrows?

I started shooting carbon arrows recently after 30 years of shooting aluminum. I have shot Easton Epic arrows and find them to break easily. The carbon walls of the arrows seem to be compromised (fibers break when shooting a tight group) a lot. Are these cheap arrows? Would you recommend a better arrow?

I have always had great luck with Beman ICS Hunters.

Comment

Epic is a good arrow. You shouldnt hace them breaking like that. Is this one small batch of arrows? Or several?

Comment

Mine always seemed pretty dang tough.

Comment

I've been using the ST Epics exclusively for the past 4 years with no problems at all.

Comment

Originally posted by FamousAmos View Post
            I started shooting carbon arrows recently after 30 years of shooting aluminum. I have shot Easton Epic arrows and find them to break easily. The carbon walls of the arrows seem to be compromised (fibers break when shooting a tight group) a lot. Are these cheap arrows? Would you recommend a better arrow?
            Do you mean the fibers are breaking when arrows are hitting arrows in a small group? I would think any arrow is going to be susceptible to that.

I just switched to FMJ, but I shot Epics for 5 or 6 years with no issue.

Comment

ive been using easton st epics 400's for about 400 years. never had a prob, if they did break it was on a pig when they ran past the feeder and hit the arrow on the feeder leg. really great tough and good flyin arrow for me.
              sorry your havin problems with them!

Comment

I've shot them for several years with no issues

Comment

get gold tip

Comment

What happens is that I tend to clip arrows when shooting. I try to shoot different spots on the target to avoid it, but inevitable end up clipping an arrow, which breaks the fibers and compromises the arrow shaft enough to make it unshootable. I have had arrows actually break in half from being clipped.

Comment

I have shot ST Epics for several years as well. Have not had a significant problem with them. However, if you hit arrows that can compromise them. This will be true with any carbon arrow. Hence the instructions to FLEX before you shoot.
                      Roy

Comment

I used to shoot st epic's and after shooting a few animals with them i just thought arrows broke everytime you shot an animal and didn't get a pass through until i started shooting gold tip's

Comment

Love mine. Been shooting them for years and see no reason to change. I'm shooting 340s. Sure, I've some break, but then again I got more than $7 worth of meat out of it...

Comment

are these like the axis's

Comment

Originally posted by georgiaboy151 View Post
                              are these like the axis's
                              No HIT insert and a little larger diameter.

Comment

Working...
                              X