Nock test: Nockturnal, Lumenock, Po nock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nock test: Nockturnal, Lumenock, Po nock

Well I ran a little test this evening to see which nock was the easiest to use and brightest.

Easiest to use:
    1. Nockturnal! WON By a long shot. Put them in and fling em. Use a field point or knife to turn them off.
    2. Lumenock. Has to be just right and will create a dent where the contacts are on the shaft but they have ZERO moving parts which is a plus.
    3. Po nocks. Based around the thill bobber light, rubber insert, and green nock. The thill bobber light is not made for this type of product and are VERY flimsy. 2 of 6 have allready broken. Another major flaw is the rubber insert that must be glued inside your shaft. After just 2 shots 2 of 6 rubber inserts had slid down inside the arrow so far that the light would not come on. Even after 36 hours of dry time.
    Brightest:
    1: Nockturnal. The red ones are far brighter than the green. But both are brighter than the other two brands. The clear nock has alot to do with this.
    2. Lumenock. This one I have is two years old and its still going strong like the day I bought it. The green nock makes it a tad less bright than the Nockturnals.
    3. Po nocks. When the rubber insert slides into the shaft the light also does and is unseen at 10 yards. Even when they work they are less bright than the other 2 brands.
    Pics to come.

Nockturnals at 10 yards
    Attached Files

Comment

Nockturnals at 5 yards
      Attached Files

Comment

Close up: nockturnals
        Attached Files

Comment

Top in green is a lumenock
          2nd in red is a po nock ( broke right after the pic)
          3rd green is a nockturnal
          Bottom red is a nockturnal.
          Attached Files

Comment

Oh an this is just a reminder that those slick tricks are SUPER sharp!!

Ragin' you aint kidding man!
            Attached Files

Comment

Ive only used the lumenock which I will never buy again and the one carbon express makes. I really like the carbon express.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

Comment

Nockturnals the best lighted nock out there

Comment

Nockturnals
                  the lumenock commercials make it seem like they are super bright(even during the day) and make me want to try them out but ill stick with nockturnals!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawg Slayer 4 View Post
                    Nockturnals
                    the lumenock commercials make it seem like they are super bright(even during the day) and make me want to try them out but ill stick with nockturnals!
                    The lumenocks are very bright. But if they dont come on when you really need them to then they are worthless. They have failed me in the field on numerous occasions which is why I ventured out and bought the nockturnals.
                    I just finished making all the po nocks work again.. If they dont work this time Im done trying to fix em.

Tapatalk rocks!!

Comment

I wonder how long the red nockturnal will burn continuous? I had a green that burned for a week

Comment

Originally posted by donfish84 View Post
                        Nockturnals the best lighted nock out there

Comment

I just ordered some Pink Nockturnals today I figured I would add some color to the mix lol

Comment

love nocturnals!

good job on the testin too!

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Thumper View Post
                              I just ordered some Pink Nockturnals today I figured I would add some color to the mix lol
                              they glow just like the red ones.. only thing that is pink is the nock part.

Comment

Working...
                              X