Mathews bow question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mathews bow question

I shoot a mathews DXT. I just had a new string put on and the bow completly retuned. With my old string my rest was all the way to the right after paper tuning. The pro shop put my new string on, retuned, and squared everything back up. After paper tuning with my new string my rest ended up back where it was, all the way to the right. Im a right handed shooter so the rest is almost touching the riser. Does anybody know what causes this, or if theres a way to fix it?

My bow is set at 71lbs
    Mechanical release
    QAD Pro HD rest
    Full metal jacket 400 arrows
    100 grain field points

Don't shoot me but I am going to say arrow spine. Try a heavier then a lighter tip.

Comment

It could be cam or idler lean.

Comment

How would you solve cam or idler lean?

Comment

The idler should be square to the string. If it runs left or right of the string you twist the yoke to achieve proper alignment. Place an arrow across the idler. it should be parralell to the string.

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
            The idler should be square to the string. If it runs left or right of the string you twist the yoke to achieve proper alignment. Place an arrow across the idler. it should be parralell to the string.
            X2. Coould be bent cam or cam pin

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

Comment

Originally posted by welderC3 View Post
              How would you solve cam or idler lean?
              Idler wheel needs to be straight at full draw.(split harness twisted to achieve)
              If cam is leaning (not straight at brace, limbs need to be swapped or replaced.

Might be an axle or bearing issue, but I doubt it.

Comment

cam lean. I dont believe there is anything you can do about it. I had a Mathews bow that did the same thing. It still shot straight...

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                  Idler wheel needs to be straight at full draw.(split harness twisted to achieve)
                  If cam is leaning (not straight at brace, limbs need to be swapped or replaced.

Might be an axle or bearing issue, but I doubt it.
                  X2

Comment

Shooting an under spined arrow doesn't help ! If idler wheel is straight ! check axel
                    to axel ....should measure 29 3/4 with 7 inch brace height... Are the limbs
                    bottomed out touching the riser? If so take a half turn off of each limb bolt!

Is the rest falling proper? Vanes could be making contract ! an easy way to
                    check for vane contact is to put a little lipstick on each vane and shoot it !
                    Check the rest for lipstick marks!

Comment

I am thinking arrow spine.Crank it down to 65#and see what happens.I shoot the same bow with 400 spine arrows at 63# and tunes perfect out of a WB.

Comment

Working...
                      X