Wildgame Innovations Moonshine Hog Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wildgame Innovations Moonshine Hog Light

I just purchased this and wondered if anyone has used this product in the past. My son's ground blind is 15 yds. from the feeder, and I was wondering if this would put out enough light. Any feedback would be appreciated.

yes it will, i suggest a lawn mower battery. any other will drain very quickly. you will get 4-5 nights from a full charge

Comment

Yes it will, i used these on my feeder in Brookshire,TX. Had a ground blind set up at 15yds and had plenty of visible shooting light. I started out using the green but then shifted to the red. Both worked great for me and stuck many a hog using it.

Comment

I was thinking about buying one of these. Do they come with different colored lenses?

Comment

Yes they come with four colors (green,red,blue and clear). The red and green worked best for me. I attached them to my feeder legs right at the base of the barrel, and the motion sensor worked great!

Comment

That bore in my profile picture was taken by the light of the Moonshine Hog Light.

Comment

Thanks. Did you use the solar panel? I put a plain ol 6v battery in, guess I need to get a rechargeable.

Comment

Yes sir, i had mine on a solar panel and worked out good for me.

Comment

IMO they are junk, hopefully it will work better for you. It just never seemed to work right for me and the lenses kept on falling off...

Comment

I got one a couple of weeks ago and it seems to put out a decent amount of light I reckon. I guess the critters have to be right under it for it to come on in PIR mode? I sit in the dark for 2hrs listening to a coon munching corn and it never came on...

Comment

I've had two of them one two of my feeders for about 3 months now.
                      I use a regular 6v rechargeable battery (no solar panel) on PIR (motion sensor) so its not on all night and Ive been getting about 3 weeks out of a full charge.
                      We use them mostly for gun hunting with blinds about 60 yards away. The green is brightest for longer shots but the red spooks them less. If you're bow hunting (inside bout 30 yards) go with red.
                      I have about 50% MORE hog activity WITHOUT the lights but some hogs do get use to it and pay it no attention.
                      Most of the time a coon is not big enough to set the motion sensor off. Sometimes it they will set it off but not all the time.

Hope this helps.
                      Last edited by Cuz; 09-28-2011, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X