Need a broadhead suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brazman View Post
    One option would be to take an Arkansas stone or similar flat grinding surface, and take the Trokar tips of the Muzzies to it and really make those edges and that tip sharp. From the factory, they'll hunt but leave some to be desired. Sharpening up the tips will help them be more like a COC AND devestate any bone they may contact. My $.02. Definately won't hurt anything!
    I've been doing this for years. I love the Muzzies, you can't beat how tough and reliable they are. Whenever I buy new ones, or before season starts with my old ones, I sit down at the table for a couple hours and make those tips absolutely razor sharp. My younger cousin does the same thing. I've seen these tips make a complete pass through at 20 yards with a 40 lb. bow. If she's already shooting well with the Muzzy's, and is confident, why change anything this close to season? Sharpen them up, keep the money in your pocket, and go kill some deer. My thoughts, anyways.

Comment

Magnus Buzzcuts 85gr! My buddy shoots em out of his bow and they fly great at 30 & 40

Comment

Originally posted by Nitro1970 View Post
        Magnus Stingers
        I agree Magnus stinger has always been good for me and they fly good

Comment

g5 montec is the best bang for the buck....its a fixed one piece design. fly true. VERY STRONG! and when they get a little dull, run a little rat file to sharpen back to that razor edge. and they offer a 75gr

Comment

My wife shoots 85 grain 2 blade cut on contact muzzys. 40# mathews dxt Everything she released at has been recovered!

Comment

I was handling new muzzy 3 blades, new muzzy 4 blades, and the slick tricks in that order today. Dod just fine with the muzzy's then the tricks got me( just screwing them on)!!!

This is how sharp the tricks are in comparison to the muzzy's cut me open QUICK!

Btw all point of impacts where identical. Regardless of broadhead or even field point.
              Attached Files

Comment

Magnus buzzcuts!!

Comment

Originally posted by montecflyin View Post
                  g5 montec is the best bang for the buck....its a fixed one piece design. fly true. VERY STRONG! and when they get a little dull, run a little rat file to sharpen back to that razor edge. and they offer a 75gr
                  My wife uses 85gr.. I use 100 gr won't use anything else on a deer

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X