New String and Noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New String and Noise?

I just got my bow back at the end of last week from getting restrung. When I shoot now it is much louder than before and makes a KA-DUNK sound. To me it sounds like it is coming from the string, similar to if you stretch a rubber band and release. The string has bowjax attached to it. Is the additional noise just due to the string still being new and needs to stretch more or something else ? Also, would adding a string stop be beneficial?

My bow is making alot of noise, I am going to add a string stop to see if it helps. Good luck in your search. Way I look at it, it won't hurt it.

Comment

strange..mine is always quieter with a new string. However it came stock with a string stop so that may help.

Comment

Originally posted by mhbaseball View Post
        My bow is making alot of noise, I am going to add a string stop to see if it helps. Good luck in your search. Way I look at it, it won't hurt it.
        This is what im thinking right now. It sounds like alot of it is string vibration at the end of the shot, but my bow has never been this loud before.

Comment

check out this DIY for building your own string stop. I made one easily and cheaply, and it's made a difference.

Cat whiskers would help alot too.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazman View Post
            check out this DIY for building your own string stop. I made one easily and cheaply, and it's made a difference.

Cat whiskers would help alot too.
            I saw that the other day, and is probably the route I will go.

Comment

A d-loop is very beneficial, it might quite it down a tad, but I really don't know , cept it is awful close to deer season to be trying new stuff

Comment

Originally posted by KWEarp View Post
                I just got my bow back at the end of last week from getting restrung. When I shoot now it is much louder than before and makes a KA-DUNK sound. To me it sounds like it is coming from the string, similar to if you stretch a rubber band and release. The string has bowjax attached to it. Is the additional noise just due to the string still being new and needs to stretch more or something else ? Also, would adding a string stop be beneficial?
                I am having the same problem, I replaced the string on my bow at the beginning of the month and I have a string stop. I also have sound dampeners on the strings. Not sure what to do. ttt

Comment

Make sure the bow was properly tuned and the cam(s) were timed after the new strings were put on. Make need a little tweaking.

Comment

Originally posted by stryker93 View Post
                    Make sure the bow was properly tuned and the cam(s) were timed after the new strings were put on. Make need a little tweaking.
                    that would be my first thought, is the bow in time.

imho a new string by itself shouldn't make it louder unless you didn't put string silencers on it. A string stop will help but something else is wrong if its louder then it was before.

I wouldn't add a loop this close to season. I did a few years ago and it was an absolute nightmare. I'd recommend a loop but I'd wait until you have some time to get the bow shooting properly again.

here is my personal experience with changing a few days before season .

Comment

I'm betting your bow is not timed.. What kinda bow is it??? WHo put the strings on for you?

Comment

Originally posted by stryker93 View Post
                        This sounds like it could be the problem. It is a Diamond Liberty, and it already has a d-loop on it. The string was put on at a local archery shop, so it should be no big deal to take it back to get some help on it.

Comment

what do yall mean when yall say the bow is not TIMED?

Comment

Not a fan of bow jax. They weigh more than cat whiskers most of the time causing the string to osalate. a loop is preference. Some times if the strings are not exactly correct they will make excessive noise.

Comment

Originally posted by mhbaseball View Post
                              what do yall mean when yall say the bow is not TIMED?
                              If the bow has two cams, instead of a single or "solo" cam and a wheel, the two cams have to roll over in unison for the shot to be "tuned". If one limb is tighter than the other, or one cam is beginning its cycle or finishing its cycle before the other, it's outa whack and needs to be "timed." Sabe? This is my understanding of it, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X