New arrow rest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New arrow rest?

Hello everybody I just bought a new bowmadness xs a few weeks ago, the bow shoots real good. It was a big step up for me, but I am thinking about changing out the wisker bisquit rest it came with to a good fall-away type rest. What do yall think, would I be gaining any accuracy or speed? The bow is just used for hunting no target shooting or anything. Thanks

trophy taker pronghorn

Comment

Your going to change it now?

Comment

and yeah it will definitely be a little bit faster with a fall away and more accurate once you get used to shooting it

Comment

TT or G5 if it were me. Youre gonna get alot of opinions. Find one that you like and go with it. Long as it works!

You buy it at Wulfs?
          Last edited by JW; 09-26-2011, 11:15 AM.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orwoc6SZMHk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orwoc6SZMHk[/ame]

Comment

Qad I love mine on my bowmadness shot my first robinhood with it a couple of weeks ago! Did you get the skull camo?

Comment

Originally posted by mTn hunting View Post
                Your going to change it now?
                This!!!!

Comment

No Ragin I bought mine in Nacogdoches at the shop on South Stjust before the loop. Its the Infinity Camo I believe. It was a big upgrade over my 90's something Nova!

Comment

Used to be A1 Pawn n Gun before Lane Fizzel sold it. Im good friends with Coby Carter the guy that managed archery there for years.

Comment

I think the guy in the archery shop now is David. Good guy seemed like. Also I think I need to adjust the string stop on my bow it seems it contacts the string a little to much, but the allen screws that hold it in the next holes are a little too far. What do you do, move it to the next holes and add a washer to the mounting screw hole or what?

Comment

I love the Ripcord I have on my xs, it seems a little quieter than the whisker biscuit to me. I think any of them will work and it's more a personal preference thing.

Comment

The increase in speed is not noticeable--everything I've read says 2-4 fps at most. I have one on my backup bow but will change it out to a QAD or Ripcord Code Red before next season because it is noisy on the draw with carbon arrows--and a little noisy with aluminums as well. The one thing I love about a biscuit is the containment--never a worry about the shaft falling and making the "tink" sound when it hits the riser. QAD does the same, and Ripcord to a degree.

Comment

Keep it simple keep the biscuit!Use a quality vane and smooth finish arrows like Beman ics hunters or the Beman speed(there are some others) and you'll kill the noise.As for accuracy, I shoot mine out to 100yds and hang with the drop-aways no problem!Speed is only about 2 to 3 fps loss I've checked it several times!

Comment

Thanks ShaBow I like the way the bisquit keeps the arrow, I was just thinkin there might be more diff in speed but I dont think 2 or 4 fps will make much diff with what Im doing. This is the first bow Ive owned that I actually liked to shoot. I dont consider myself a pro by any means but Ive been shooting a bunch the last week or so almost gettin to where I can hit the block everytime ha ha

Comment

Working...
                              X