Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diamond Outlaw

Anyone shooting one of these?

I got to shoot one at Cabela's and initially didn't care for the draw. I went back and shot it again and after several shots, the draw didn't bother me.

Just went to look and there now back-ordered.

i have shot the dead-eye and the fugitive, both were very nice and made good speed. when i was in bass pro the had several outlaws with the rak package on the shelf. the draw cycle was better on the fugitive than the dead-eye and letting down the 70lb dead-eye was a little rough.

Comment

overall diamonds are awesome bows in my opinion

Comment

Yes got mine about month and 1/2 back and love it!

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
          Anyone shooting one of these?

I got to shoot one at Cabela's and initially didn't care for the draw. I went back and shot it again and after several shots, the draw didn't bother me.

Just went to look and there now back-ordered.
          So what happened to change your mind, after you "initially didn't care for the draw"? Just curious ........

Comment

Call Academy and see if they have it!

Comment

In Feb. I was told I could have any bow I wanted(50th b-day), I went to CCR and shot 8-10 different bows.
              Mathews,High country,Bowtech,etc. I shot the Outlaw last and picked it.
              It just felt right in the hand. And I was able to buy a dozen arrow's with the money I saved over the others.

Don't get hung up on speed--I would rather be accurate. There is not any bow on the market that come's close to the speed of sound.

Having said all that,get a bow that feel's right for you.

Comment

I have shot the Outlaw a few times at Bass Pro and It seems to be a great bow, really smooth and feels good in your hand. I have shot PSE bows for years, but this is one I would consider for sure if I was in the market again.

Comment

Man I shot the Assassin and the Outlaw side by side as those were my two pick and over all the Assassin had the smother draw cycle and deadin the hand and a very nice bow, but the feel wasnt there, I didnt like the grip at all.. Now the Outlaw when I shot it as you said the draw cycle suxed but after pulling it back a few times I could barely notice it at all, it had a lil bit of vibe after the shot but that was taken care of with a few things, and the grip of the diamond bows just seem to fit me better and i thats what sold me on the bow was the feel of the bow in my hand and personaly shoting them together its seemed that the outlaw was just as fast if not maby a lil faster but thats my opinion.... I ended up bying the Outlaw and adding some limbsavers string leeches and a 7" treestand cammo stabilizer and the rip cord rest and I love it. Its been the first single cam bow I have shot and I dont think im gonna stray from the diamond or the bowtech line been the best for me.

Comment

A friend of got a fugitive lefty and he loves it but I still like my Martin cheeta better

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                      So what happened to change your mind, after you "initially didn't care for the draw"? Just curious ........
                      Like Buck assasin said, after shooting it several times, I barely noticed the draw.

What I had been looking at, and to be honest I'm still undecided, is the Mission bows. However, the shop I visited had one fully dressed out and dam if the bow did weigh about 1000 lbs.

Because the Mission weighed so much, I made a 2nd trip to Cabela's just to try out the Outlaw and check it out a little more.

I'm on the fence post.

On one hand, I like the Outlaw and for the price you really are getting a lot. I'd probably change the front site with what I have now.

On the other hand, I do still like the draw of the Mission and the shop's owner has been great with letting me try out the bows. He just doesn't carry Diamond.

Next month I'll have the money to buy either the Mission or the Diamond.

What I'm trying to decide is if I get a new bow, do I keep my current bow for a backup, or do I give it away. One of the folks that works for me has said he'd like to get into bow hunting, so I'm thinking of giving him the bow.

Comment

Congratsand good luck on what ever you decide

Comment

Sounds like you can't lose with either of those choices. I would suggest that you don't give away your backup bow, until you know darn well, your new bow is good to go, though.

Comment

ask them to transfer one from Fort Worth.. They have a wall full of them.. was in there the other day and was doing the same thing, 5 Outlaws, 2 Fugitive but LH..

Comment

i have the outlaw and absolutely love it! have had pse and martin and my outlaw is the best bow ive ever had i cant say enough about it! very fast and very accurate, and also very comfortable!

Comment

Working...
                              X